UC at Miami Wednesday at 7...RED OUT!

It’s weird. On Saturday I thought “damn, it’s been a while for this ‘kick in the nuts’ kind of loss.”

Now that’s 2 in not even a week.

Who knows… in a few months maybe this will be a distant (albeit annoying) memory in a glorious March. Hopefully that is the case. But fuck this stings right now.

1 Like

Very Miami Christmas…typical.

Ah well, might as well get the no Bowl confirmation out of the way.

No Eli and Beck for that matter on boards hurt down stretch.

Game should of been a win, but UC took it.

Too bad Dalonte did not kick it to Dae Dae…or Ayah get the put back.

1 Like

I wasnt trying to be negative to the turn out by the students- just the crowd shots made it seem like all students

Also the crowd felt like 90% for Miami

2 Likes

We have elite guard/wing play, but we’re going to have a hard time against any team with a lot of size this season. Ayah/Harrison aren’t tall enough and the other post players aren’t good enough to hang against 7 footers with ability. Gave up 22 offensive rebounds tonight. Hopefully Beck can help ease that a little bit whenever he gets back.

2 Likes

Strange…UC fans assume they had this in bag

I mean they just lost to friggin Monmouth, not too much room to brag.

2 Likes

Monmouth has some transfers, maybe a Duke or UNC kid and is 6-1 or something like that…

Strange I know, as we used to look down on programs like that…

Just got back to the hotel from the game, it was a good one, had them right where we wanted just couldn’t get that ball to fall. Great effort and good gameplan. For the most part we made them shoot from the outside. UC thugged us as usual and the refs let them get away with it. Ado set illegal screens all night and that #30 should have fouled out in the fort 5 minutes of the game.

Miami is good this year, fun to see a loud student crowd, glad I made the trip from Cleveland.

Yeah, he’s UC coach Wes Miller’s younger brother.

1 Like

A few thoughts:

1. As noted before their size was an issue but not something insurmountable that we couldn’t overcome.
  2. My fiancee watched and was impressed by the crowd/atmosphere (coming from an Indiana alum) but kept giggling at the curtain.
  3. No rest for the weary - let’s kick the crap out of Indiana State and Clemson. Our GT win and good start won’t mean too much if we fall back into mediocrity.
  4. Damn we needed that last shot to go in. Why do I feel like Miller is gonna turn UC back into a contender and we’ll look at this as a missed opportunity (see the football games against Tuberville and Timeoutgate).
2 Likes

It feels bad to lose by one but it’s been such a long time since basketball was good, the feeling makes me feel like I’m 20 something years old again. The shorts are longer now and we know we’re all gonna survive y2k just fine. But still…

Uggggghhhhh freaking hell I’m sick

1 Like

This is one we could have, and probably should have, won. UC was a miserable 2-10 from the line, but as noted, they killed us on the offensive boards. There’s no way to spin this. It sucks, and it hurts.

On a personal note, best time I’ve had at a Miami game in a long time. Probably since the last time X played us here. It felt like I was at a real college basketball game. Best attendance since the Tennessee game in Wally’s senior year?

4 Likes

Re

#3…my thoughts …I can take a Clemson loss…but that’s it after this loss, need to do something.

DaeDae needs to realize when to not dribble so much, Dalonte needs to drive more…and others need to step up.

#4 Yeah, he’s got a solid approach.

3 Likes

Half brother?..Mailman is tall :wink:

Interesting, btw.

I see 59-58 and think of the Washington game in '99. Similar, chaotic final possession. I enjoyed the ending of that one more.

3 Likes

I hope we had some recruits in the building tonight

Can confirm there were several recruits. Plus, I believe our two signees were in the building.

2 Likes

Did any of them look like they could grab a rebound?

1 Like

So tired of the losing…but it was great to see such a big crowd in Oxford again.