UC at Miami Wednesday at 7...RED OUT!

I’m shittin bricks over here. Sorry, I mean shittin rocks.

Jesus. That. Damn. Close.

1 Like

we are a cursed school…i just can’t stand all the loosing.

1 Like

F’n hell

I hate everything.

1 Like

Blue balls

Fuckkkkkkkkkkk. Ayah had it, damnit! What a shitty ass Miami sports week

Well fuck.

At least my kids, having been told to cheer against the Bearcats, started yelling “Go Poopcats.”

It was a fun game and a good crowd- but we always lose. We always find a way to lose

3 Likes

Kind of surprised we didn’t call a timeout there. We did have one, right?

1 Like

We beat them so many ways to Sunday in so many sports when I was at MU. This new reality is painful. Basketball looks much improved. Still a tough pill.

1 Like

A missed 2-pointer against Kent Saturday.
A missed 2-pointer against UC tonight.

Screw these last few days.

20 offensive rebounds tough to overcome

1 Like

We lost again. That’s all that matters. Cue sad trombone.

1 Like

7,250 crowd is awesome but 2,683 students- seemed like more students but the hopefully we made some money

1 Like

I’m tired of all the heartbreak.

5 Likes

That’s literally over 15% of the school, I’m ecstatic at the student and overall fan support. Unfortunately we blew a decent second half lead when they weren’t playing that great, then were an inch or two away when it counted most.

#metoo. At least basketball is trending up. Still not great, but 7-8 years ago, we lose by 25-30 points

2 Likes

Yeah, but with like nine seconds left I’d take my chances on the fast break then having to execute an inbound pass and shot. We got a crappy shot that could’ve fallen, then a golden opportunity that just didn’t go. Most times we’ll make one of them, even if I’m mad as hell we didn’t pull it off.

Tough way to lose but we lost the game in the middle part of the 2nd half after we went up 8 and were in the bonus. We didn’t make another FG for 11 minutes! We missed a few open looks, but they were mostly rushed or bad shots. We only had 2 assists in the 2nd half, 8 for the game. In the last 2 minutes, we finally moved the ball and scored a few more points. It was disappointing we didn’t do that more, especially for an older team like we have.

Size is always going to be an issue for us obviously. I thought we were in good position to rebound, but you actually have to attack the ball when it comes off the rim and we weren’t very good at that tonight. The gameplan was sound. They found a little something with getting their perimeter players in the paint to drop it off to their bigs.

That’s 2 straight poor games offensively where we didn’t move and share the ball and subsequently didn’t score it as well. We need to figure that out, and part of the problem may be that we rely so heavily on our starters to score. Our bench was 1/9 from the floor.

3 Likes