Who is going to hire him away? Sayler seems to be satisfied with the results.
For now.
Pitt is not a bottom 3rd ACC team
They are struggling against a really bad BC team, plus BC had a TD robbed from them. We absolutely can beat UC
I think OL coaching is an issue too. Our OL looks far worse against P4 than our good counterparts
I think I’m happy I didn’t watch. Still have to figure out how to get the satellite to work after the flood
I stand corrected. They were picked 9th.
Our O line spent too much time on their buttocks and just flat out whiffed several times (so much for quickness). I said awhile back in another thread the O line would have to prove itself to me. Today was not that day. Next week if we can’t dominate the l of s, I will be extremely disappointed.
Yeah but preseason prognostication will be even less accurate than usual.
We were not even competitive today. And saying “we will be fine playing FCS Holy Cross” should not be our aspiration. That was a disgraceful display today. Great people in our suite though. If anyone thinks the ACC is looking at Miami and saying “that’s the team the ACC needs” you are delusional. As people have said what we are showing on the field is not meeting our alleged aspirational goals. I didn’t expect to win today but I did expect us to look like an FBS team. We did not.
Not sure if Chuck had $20M dollar roster that the results would be much different
I hope you’re right. Though Miami was picked 1st in the MAC. Do you think that is likely to hold true?
We’ll probably go 7-5, lose a crummy bowl game and do it again next year. After 12 years Chuck is still under.500.
That was my thought at one point. Hell, give all $8 million to Elmer.
That, or give the $8 million to MHT.com and divide it evenly amongst all posters with 5,000 or more posts.
Better coaching costs a lot more money. Not happening. Just need to start playing to win. There’s simply never any urgency.
I just cannot understand why Chuck makes ZERO effort to instill in his players confidence that they can compete (and maybe win) each and every game. It’s mind boggling!
Give me a Randy Walker type HC any day!
The UMass coach makes roughly $115K more than Chucks total package. Pretty sure there are quite a few good coaches out there that don’t require having to break the bank
You can’t seriously think the UMass coach is better than Chuck after 1 win when he just went 0-12
A lot of really negative comments here. Obviously game got away from us, Q1 was not good on offense but we played well in Q2, then a late hit call that was weak at best gave Pitt a late field goal. I lot of missed calls against Pitt such as holding could have changed a lot of things. In some ways I saw some good things our WRs are good, I think the QB could be good, his arm motion needs work, but he had some nice throws. OL had a tough day but DL is Pitt’s strength. Pitt QB played great, score got ugly, but I am not ready to throw in the towel.