White Death

Not too bad here.

Very windy here in the great northwest of Ohio. Rain and 40 right now. I walked into pickleball at 1:00 in a light rain, walked out at 3 and my car was snow covered. The 18 mile drive home was miserable. Extreme cold now forecast. Just finished clearing my driveway amid my lovely wife’s protests. Hell, I’m a young 79.

2 Likes

Nasty stuff coming later today in SW Ohio. Supposedly, if temperature gets above 70 degrees, higher chance for extreme conditions.

Dog sensed thunder overnight about 30 minutes before we heard it.

2 Likes

One of my long-held fears is that Oxford might be the target of a destructive tornado like the one that hit Tuscaloosa.

1 Like

Thanks for that image, I guess

The Weather Channel had most of Ohio in a TORCON 7, which is extremely high for our area. It seems like we have become the new tornado alley. Please everyone stay safe today and tonight.

3 Likes

Get this, the University of Dayton and Sinclair Community College both let out early at 2pm and 2:30pm, respectively. Now, there’s nothing going on.

Which is bad. The first wave was supposed to take some energy out of the system. Instead it just left it all for the evening.

Watching Spectrum 1 feed out of Cincy right now (6:10 pm) Tuesday. Severe storms moving through right now. Some property damage sustained already along I-71 in Northern Kentucky. Tornado watches for all of Sw Ohio. Current rotation observed in Warren County. Take cover RedHawks!

1 Like

Cincy State closed at 4:30 today for the rest of the day.

Calm.

2 Likes

There was a tornado warning in northern KY. I’m in northern Cincy and we had a good deal of rain. My mom lives near Fairfield, and her street flooded. Lots of wind, too.

1 Like

Centerville, one downpour, some rain.

1 Like

Nothing happened.

1 Like

My parents had to spend half an hour in the basement after a tornado warning in Zanesville. Luckily it missed them.

1 Like