White Death

About an inch here in Springboro (SW Ohio).

Stay safe for those in the impacted areas.

1 Like

Expecting an inch or two overnight all the way down here at the seas coast in Brunswick County, NC.

Weather forecast for this week from the Weather Channel app for the Dayton, OH area:

Wednesday (2/2/22): Rain transitioning to snow. 1-3” by midnight

Thursday (2/4/22): 8”-12” of snow

Thursday night: 3”-5” of snow

1 Like

Wow. Should have bought a snow blower. Always put it off.

1 Like

After the hernia, hire the local kids to dig you out.

1 Like

Yea…Just thinking about that. Wife doesn’t mind (too much) shoveling.

Just noticed it will be in the 50s Tuesday.

Looks like SW Ohio may avoid some of the big accumulations. But check out this crazy weather Thursday. Range of 44 to -1 in the same day.

For those traveling…Stay safe.

1 Like

Still didn’t get a snow blower. Definitely next year.

1 Like

I created the following thread on Sunday, after I saw the early early forecast on Saturday morning. The freeze line is now scheduled to hit during the game. Now, they could move the game to Thursday afternoon when it’s all rain. We’ll see.

1 Like

This is the best. Nation’s second largest Air Force Base to close at 6pm on Thursday in anticipation of the incoming storm. Miami to host Wright State at 7pm

Weather station at the airport in Cheyenne Wyoming went from 43 to 3 in 30 minutes:

A few years back, I would commute from Fort Collins to Cheyenne for work daily, and while I’m glad to have avoided that drive today (and dealing with a closed I25)….it’s currently -27* where I live now. And should be close to -35* when I have to take the dog for a walk in the morning.

1 Like

71 degrees and raining here on the southeast North Carolina coast today. Heading down to 18 degrees by late tomorrow night.

We got ice and freezing rain overnight here in the NC mountains w big drop in temp from mid 40’s this afternoon to upper teens tonight…tomorrow or Saturday night may set new record lows in single digits.

1 Like

The base was going to be closed Friday for Family Day anyway so not really that much of a stretch to close at 6PM the day before.

1 Like

Drove up to SW Michigan for the holidays. Warmer than Butler County, but we will be receiving lake effect snow.

…and ‘22.

2 Likes

Pfffttt. This is just 2-3 days sitting indoors and not going anywhere, if we do choose not to. After the COVID lockdowns and other harsher weather, this is easy.

Now, my puppy would beg to differ because she’s starting to get mad that no walks have happened yet.

1 Like

I went out to the street to get the mail. I will do that again in April.

2 Likes

Yep froze my@ss off at Miami during winters of 1976-77.

1 Like