Welcome to Miami, Travis Steele

Roster turnover is needed and I welcome it. The sooner the better.

3 Likes

Was the team in the audience at the press conference ?

Apparently the Miami Hamilton team was.

6 Likes

And St. Peter’s. They’re on a tour.

4 Likes

At least 5 scholarship players are gone: Precious, Dalonte, Beck, Eli, and ICL. Lairy is still on the roster, but Sayler said all 6 seniors are leaving the program.

Would like to see Dae Dae, Marr, Kamari and Harrison stay. After that, there doesn’t seem like much D1 level talent, but I’ll trust Steele to evaluate them.

There should be plenty of open spots to recruit both transfers and freshman. Wonder if anyone from Xavier will follow Steele to Oxford?

There should be plenty of open spots to recruit both transfers and freshman. Wonder if anyone from Xavier will follow Steele to Oxford?

His wife and kids are a great start…

3 Likes

I see what you did there

For real though, if that guy was trying to get a walk-on spot, I respect the hustle.

4 Likes

It’s an interesting dynamic with Steele at Miami and Miller coming in at X. What will happen with the staff? Will any of them follow Travis and does Miller plan on keeping any (beside Hayes). Noticed they have an S&C coach. Do we, or do we still share one with football?

1 Like

Ron Harper and Chet need to grow the fuck up and act like adults. I get it, they wanted a Miami man like a lot of us, but it’s not happening. Crying about it on Twitter will only drive the program more into the ground.

16 Likes

Couldn’t agree more. At a time like this, Miami alum (especially basketball alum like Harp and Chet) should be getting behind Steele (or remain mum on the topic to drive down this program’s image even further to your point).

(Also nice to make everyone’s acquaintance. First time poster, recent-ish new visitor).

10 Likes

Welcome aboard!

2 Likes

Agreed. And welcome! Glad you’re here

1 Like

Thanks! Took me far too long to find this board, and I was left grasping for any Miami news I could find on Twitter (or Hustle Belt, who hasn’t touched upon the Steele news as of this afternoon).

2 Likes

It’s a fun place to chat MU sports

1 Like

I like Ron Harper but he shouldn’t be bad mouthing anything about Miami. If he was so gung-ho for Miami why didn’t his son come to Oxford?

3 Likes

He claims because they didn’t give him the head coach position during the search where we hired Owens. His big pitch for the job was that his son would come with him.

1 Like

Re: Harper - I think he’s mad that he’s not in the Hall Of Fame, but that’s his own fault because he never graduated. And yes, he needs to pipe down on Twitter. Take it in private with the appropriate parties.

That’s fascinating as I swear I remember seeing a framed photo of him in Millet back in the day.

1 Like