Week #10 The return of MACTION!

I would prefer we again avoid the Idaho Potato bowl, so if BG/CMU/NIU want to fill that void be my guest.

As I have said before OU is irrelevant to me unless I need my gutters cleaned, but their FB team is one of the top three in an otherwise pathetic MAC, so I will acknowledge it. And one day I look forward to employing their QB to shovel manure.

1 Like

Who posted the essential requirements for a good bowl? (Sackman maybe??).

One of the requirements was a warm climate! (and I don’t think that is intended to include playing indoors in Detroit).

As Roger Clemens famously said, " I misremebered". Should have looked it up first. I was confusing 1988 and 1989, the most frustrating point in time for Miami football. In 1988 we did go 0-10-1, with a late season tie vs Bowling Green. In 1989 we added 7 more games to our winless streak. The winless tie game was an October home game as both Miami and OU were winless and we tied 22 - 22. The streak was finally ended at 20 when we won a home game vs BG in 1989.

2 Likes

I was fortunate enough to have been at Yager when we finally broke the streak against BG. Tears of joy!

1 Like

Gonna be almost 60° and sunny on Saturday in Oxford.

Granted it’s several days out but the forecast calls for highs in the 60s for kickoff Wednesday night.

1 Like

I was trying to forget that game Dick. Busted on my knee at that game and was the end of my season. Two years later same result

But we did win the game at home in between

Wait. No. I was thinking BG

1 Like

Previously undefeated AFA with six turnovers today - lost to Army 23-3. Tulane struggling at ECU in the second half. G5 getting very interesting down the stretch!

SDSU with a 33-16 win over NDSU. They legitimately might be the best team outside the P5 this season.

3 Likes

Definitely. BillC with SP+ has been doing a weekly combined ranking of all CFB teams and in last week SDSU was 33rd, only behind Air Force. With AFA’s loss today, they should be the top non-P5 next week.

https://twitter.com/ESPN_BillC/status/1719332139756388428

4 Likes

Not MACtion, but UC lost yet again today, this time 28-26 to UCF.

Bearcats 1 of 7 FBS school who are winless in conference play. Yes, I’m using myself as a source:
https://twitter.com/GuardTheCLE/status/1720970543652798915?t=N0lXE8UnwLnnHle3Uyq0dw&s=19

1 Like

UC is also winless in the MAC.

4 Likes

What shame not

2 Likes

Well, they can’t hide in the AAC anymore, but it’s not like the new B12 is THAT much better

2 Likes

We have more Big 12 wins than UC.

2 Likes

Yeah, this UC team would struggle to even make a bowl even if they were still in the AAC.

1 Like

We took UC’s pride, heart, and soul.

I’m not accepting any other explanation.

2 Likes