Week #10 The return of MACTION!

Can’t say I (class of '06) remember that.

BG’s offense was horrible at the goal line. My wife even yelled the guy should be fired.

1 Like

We want as many MAC bowl eligible teams as possible, right? BG now one win away from a bowl bid with Kent, Toledo, and WMU remaining

1 Like

It was 1989. We were 2-8-1 and Ohio was 1-9-1. We tied 22-22.

The Akron - Kent State game is for a wagon wheel. My personal favorite version of the song is from the Old Crow Medicine Show

3 Likes

So there was no battle of 0-10 teams?

1 Like

Affirmative.

2 Likes

“If I could make it to Raleigh I could see my baby tonight.” Truth!

But I like Darius’ version better.

1 Like

KU and K-State in the season before Snyder took over we’re 1-7 and 0-8, they played to a 17-17 tie.

But not Dick’s winless Miami vs Ohio tie. That’s what I was referring to.

And Akron makes huge comeback w 21 4th quarter points to beat Kent 31-27.

Yeah, feel bad for my little brother (BSU grad), but agree you want MAC to fill it’s bowl game slots so BG winning is probably a good thing for the conference.

1 Like

Yes and no. It looks bad if we have relatively few bowl eligible teams but if only our best teams make bowls we are far more likely to have a good winning percentage.

We’ll have 6 just like we always do.

Well, we may very well have a trio or more of mediocre 6-6 teams in bowls this year. (CMU, EMU, BG etc.). None are particularly good teams.

Only three pretty good teams in MAC this year are UT, OU, and Miami.

We were 4-4 last year and 6-6. We battled UAB to the bitter end.

Well done.

1 Like

I texted this exact same thing last night. Truthfully beyond Miami, Toledo and OU the MAC sucks this year. I have watched several games not involving Miami and these teams blow.

Just Miami and Toledo.

5 Likes