Week #10 The return of MACTION!

Oddly enough, I am rooting for Toledo tomorrow

Tuesday October 31

7:00 NIU @ CMU ESPNU

7:30 UB @ UT ESPN2

Wednesday November 1

7:00 BSU @ BG ESPN2

7:30 KS @ AU ESPNU

NIU is just one game behind Toledo, but UT has the tiebreaker. If Buffalo would win at Toledo, they would be in an exact tie with us at 4-1 in the conference. That upset would put both divisions back in play.

1 Like

Gonna be really cold for both night’s games…I predict empty stands.(except maybe for a few more attending the UT game).

1 Like

MAC ACTION is great exposure but lots of empty seats. Akron at Miami probably won’t draw a good crowd.

Team deserves support.

2 Likes

Nice that we get a mini bye week right now though. We’ve got some guys banged up and I’m sure the coaches could use a few extra days with Aveon to work on our offensive game plan going forward

2 Likes

MACtion speaks louder than words! Interesting that C-USA and Sun Belt teams play midweek games in October and the MAC, which are schools in cold weather cities, play in November. I would hate to lose beautiful fall afternoons in October to switching, though.

1 Like

It’s all relative though, our success on the field this season definitely helped draw better/livelier crowds for DSU/BG/UT than we would’ve gotten for typical FCS/family weekend/homecoming games. We’re not gonna have a great crowd for MACtion, but if it resembles Ball State 2016 a lot more than Buffalo 2013 that’s a success. One good season does not immediately create fan support after two decades of mostly bad/average football when Oxford is tiny and so many Miami alums live 2+ hours away.

Toledo returned the opening kickoff for a touchdown. Then after a Buffalo 3 & out… UT scored again on a 71-yard run.

And Toledo up 14-0 after the first 3 minutes of the game. Opening kickoff returned for a touchdown and a long run on second offensive play later.

Refs sic’ing John Law on Toledo students throwing snowballs.

1 Like

Wow! Whiteout at Central. I just love watching games in the snow while sitting in my warm living room.

3 Likes

Looks like a lot of ticket holders said the same thing.

Nobody noticed it, but on Toledo’s second TD Peny Boone dropped the ball before crossing the goalline. It should have been a touchback and UB ball.

Nice that the Maction week Miami isn’t a part of, is the one that’s opposite the World Series. Should be a few more bar TVs tuned to Maction the next couple of weeks.

2 Likes

All this great fall weather and they get this kind of weather day for MACtion. Too bad.

UT tacks on FG late in first half to go up 24-7 and Chips demolishing NIU in snowy Mt. Pleasant.

I’m not a big fan of ditching school colors, but I like Toledo’s unis.

Yeah it’s really weird to see Toledo in brown (or is it black) and orange.

Chips w big interception to seal the win after NIU staged a furious comeback. Now CMU 37-31 with less than a minute to play.

And CMU wins it!

1 Like

…and UT cruising against hapless Bulls.

We should beat these guys along w Akron and BSU. 10-2, baby!

1 Like

Need to stay focused on every single game. Way too many weird things have happened - like Coral Gables losing to GT, Carolina losing to both UVA and GT, and Louisville losing to Pitt.

3 Likes

I found it interesting that Toledo cleared their field of snow while Central left the snow on their field.

1 Like