Week #10 The return of MACTION!

It was the Rock Lobster virus I planted in their locker room. I only wish I’d thought of it years ago before they rung up 16 on us.

1 Like

I think there is some truth to that. They came into our game 2-0 having demolished EKU who played Kentucky close and then UC won late at Pitt. Sellout crowd and really pumped up for a big year and it was a really great game which we won in OT and some things happened which shocked them and their fans. Then they hit Big 12 play and mostly have had close gut wrenching losses. 7 in a row now. When that happens you start to question other players, your coach, maybe even yourself. We started it and it has been a snowball rolling downhill ever since. I would also say that game had just the opposite effect on us. :smile:

3 Likes

UC has been a paper tiger ever since leaving the Big East….

#MACtion is great, but we don’t need more than the two weeks we already have.

3 Likes

I don’t track this kind of thing, but does Toledo have any shot at a NY6 bowl if Tulane loses and UT wins out (I know, that would mean they beat us in the MACC)? Or would Air Force slide back in if they finish w one loss?

Agree. It’s very difficult to have to drive to Oxford after working all day and then drive home and have to get up early in the morning for work the next day. Fortunately this will be the last year having to worry about that for me.

4 Likes

If they win out - which we don’t want - some other teams (Fresno to San Jose, especially), they could have a shot.

1 Like

Although are we really that bad?
NIU beat BC and BGSU beat GT on the road and those 2 teams in the “sooo better ACC” sit at 3rd and 5th in the ACC standings. Hmmm….

It’s two days a year!

3 Likes

The real solution is to do what I did:

While you are still employed, move to Oxford!
It’s much easier to buy a house when you still have a job.

2 Likes