We should have beat Buffalo today!

No real press cadre follows Miami.

2 Likes

Probably not the most popular opinion on the board but I was encouraged to see the shift away from so many RPOā€™s. Smith is much more effective when you take the decision making away and call his number on runs. I would like to see Marshall replaced by KD or a faster WR in this offense. If we canā€™t use the big body WR we should be stretching the field with speed to make more open field for Smith and the RBā€™s.

1 Like

How does 67 FBS QB transfers equate to losing 2 guys? Thatā€™s barely over an average of half a guy, yet you predict we will have 2.

Just a hunch, I guessā€¦that 67 from last year was starting QB and QB who had played. We had three QB transfer out this yearā€¦one who had played a lot - to Arkansas State - and two who had never seen the field - to Northern Colorado and to Findlay.

I am not going to worry about transfers of guys that arent playing on the 100th best team in the country.

I am worried about transfers of guys that are important starters like last year

2 Likes

I donā€™t see Aveon as a running back. I think he projects better as a slot, hybrid guy considering he looks to be very good in open field runs.

If he transfers he is not going to get playing time at QB at any FBS school considering what he has done so far. Any school that took him would be looking to convert him into something else

He would be better sticking it out at Miami and seeing if he can reinvent himself at another position where he might have a chance at pro career. It would be much easier to do that with coaches that know him and what he can do than start over.

4 Likes

@LaxDaddy Agree with that option, as well. Iā€™m not sure Chuck would agree with the conversionā€¦seems like heā€™s fairly wedded to Aveon as a QB.

1 Like

Austin Gearing on Line 1 - that dude just was not good enough to play QB at the FBS level (that applied to a big chunk of our 2013 squad), but ended up being a rock solid DE for the early Martin era.

2 Likes

Or Dom Robinson.

3 Likes

We havenā€™t even posted post game remarks from Chuck the last 2 weeks. In so many ways, we barely resemble the D1 FBS program that we claim to be.

5 Likes

Week after week, the announcers on ESPN plus or wherever we are being shown, go on and on about how Chuck has reinvigorated the program and what a great job he is doing.

Just checked the NCAA official stats. We are 118/131 in total offense. 115/131 in offensive points scored. 116/131 in team passing efficiency. 123/131 in passing offense. Not suggesting in any way, shape or form that the situations are similar, but perhaps Chuck Martin should do as Mike Tomlin did yesterday, and switch QBs. I donā€™t see at this point, given these rather abysmal statistics, that it could do any harm.

1 Like

Do the other QBs run well? With a loss vs Kent the season will be pretty much done. Try other QBs. Still team should beat OU, BG, Akron and BSU for 6 wins with any QB.

Just checking high school stats. Hesson looks like standard drop back passer. Humphreys does both. ( Based off max prep stats and video I watched.)

We can always try for 6-6, and 7-6 bowl win, Chuck will call it a success, and given it would include a P5 win, hard to argue with progress for Chuck at a snails pace.

Hey we beat Kent, all is forgottenā€¦I think this is near impossible but football is a fickle bi@tchā€¦a lot can go wrong and/or in favor of a teamā€¦and if at home and if anyone shows up, could be a season changer for us.

1 Like

and despite these numbers Chuck and Koehler decide to throw the ball on 1st and 2nd down with 7+ minutes left in the game while nursing a three point lead putting Miami in a dreadful 3rd and long situation. Can coaches be sued for malpractice?

2 Likes

Bash: when they threw on those two downs I could hardly stop myself from throwing the remote at the screen! But I sure was screaming!.

2 Likes

Itā€™s painful to watch Smith struggle to throw. A terrific threat with the ball, but 7 in the box makes it tough. And the numbers do not have any bias. They are what they are. I donā€™t see another option but to make a change. I believe the failure to do so will make winning difficult, at best.
Would/Will it better? I donā€™t know. Apparently, Chuck thinks not.

I donā€™t see any voluntary QB change. They are rude or die with Aveon. Honestly, even if you disagreed, itā€™s pretty cool that they have his back.

1 Like

One factor nobody is mentioning is that we have played 4 difficult road games in 5 weeks. We have been really good at home over recent years and finally getting some home games may change our execution level a great deal.

1 Like