We should have beat Buffalo today!

By halftime on Saturday, fans will have the answer whether to keep riding Aveon or change horses…hopefully, the coaches will also have the answer and do what is necessary if called for.

3 Likes

For instance, last year in the MAC we were 4-0 at home, 1-3 on the road. In the Covid year, we were 1-0 at home, 1-1 on the road, in 2019 we were 4-0 at home, 2-2 on the road.

2 Likes

Our high water mark was 6-2 in the MAC. We need a 7-1 year. 5-3 is marginally successful and 4-4 or below is totally unacceptable considering our advantages.

I will say, I was friends with several players during my time at Miami. They all said Chuck would do anything for his guys. Unfortunately for most, they were brought in by Treadwell. Chuck is incredibly loyal. Honestly, if I were a player, I’d love it. Put in your time, and you know once your number is called that you can go out, make plays, and not constantly worry about if your going to lose your spot. He’ll yell and tell you everything you did wrong, but you’ll still get another chance to fix it.

I know a lot of people want shorter leashes on players, but more and more studies keep coming out about how benching players actually reduces performance.

With that said, I don’t agree with the choice after watching Hesson throw. I don’t think Aveon is as bad as some think, but with our glut of talent at RB, does Aveon really give more to the run game than he takes away in the passing game? My thought is Hesson throwing would open up the run game just as much since teams can’t put 7 in the box constantly.

8 Likes

It seems to me that the problem really isn’t Aveon Smith. The problem is a coaching staff wanting/forcing him to play Brett Gabbert’s game. Square peg in a round hole.

5 Likes

So what is his game other than fade back, fake the pass and run? About all he can throw is quick outs. He missed at least two slants last week five feet over the receivers head. One was a pic. Anything past a quick out and he throws lollipops, floaters, jump balls, 50/50’s.

At this stage, what you see is what you get.

Do you really want to see the rest of the season with this guy or time for Plan B???

2 Likes

Staff needs to figure out how to create an effective two headed QB monster…quickly.

2 Likes

“Figure out” and “quickly” are not common parlance among the coaches.

2 Likes

I think you just identified his game. Daverama for head coach/OC!

2 Likes

The deep ball to Hip was so poorly underthrown I actually laughed when our social media team posted the highlight

1 Like

Bash…you think we’re bad now. What the hell is zone blocking and two deep?

Bash. You live in Columbus right? Going to the game?

I live approximately 830 miles WSW of Columbus. I’ll be watching the game on TeeVee.

Somebody in this place lives in CBus?