RedHawks in the NFL

My understanding is he has to be placed in their 53 man.

2 Likes

Ah he was claimed, not signed…but once waivers all cleared, can’t the Bears cut him and sign to PS? I think this is more a move that Bears wanted to make sure no one else signed him to a 53-man roster and that they intend to move him up when ready.

Not sure, this is all a game…does this move mean the Bears likely have to pay him more, than if he was just free agent, since he spent a cup of coffee, at minimum on 53-man roster (i.e., minimum rookie salary)?

That would be cool seeing two Miamians on the same Bears D.

2 Likes

Got it…so cycle would just continue…but maybe needs of different teams would be set at that point in season, and Bears chances of retaining would be better?

Yeah, I think the last 2-3 roster spots are generally in flux (at least with the Bengals they always are), and you may try to get a guy in your organization only to attempt the same Practice Squad stash a month later.

3 Likes

3 Likes

At least I have more of a reason to watch late season Bears games now. Both Miamians should get PT once the going gets rough (arguably week 1). Bear down

1 Like

I watched most of 2 Colts pre-season games and thought Weatherford played himself onto a roster spot with them…surprised that he was cut…but glad the Bears saw something.

Definite reason to watch…too bad no Bengals and Bears…fun trip.

1 Like

I wouldn’t doubt that Dom Robinson reached out to his defensive coaches as soon as he got the news.

Both Dom and Sterling are listed on the CBS Bears’ active roster today!

7 Likes

If you google up Sterling you will see a few articles on line about Colts being very displeased that they lost him to Bears and wanted to sign him to their practice squad.

Also Saints really wanted to claim Sterling but Bears beat them to it…Bears like him as a LB.

2 Likes

If only there was a way the Colts could’ve kept him on their roster while he was on it!

3 Likes

Methinks the Colts Management knows they blew it by giving other teams a shot at Weatherford after they saw his pre-season game performances.

That’s a good point. If his performance in the last game didn’t win him a spot in the 53, there’s nothing he could’ve done as they’d already made up their mind he was a practice squad guy.

All they did was give other teams a highlight reel of what he can do.

2 Likes

With Weatherford joining Robinson on the Bears, that means I won’t have to watch the Colts on TV. It’s too bad all the Miami NFLers aren’t all on the same team (like the Steelers) as it would make for a more relaxing Sunday.

This….+10-15 lbs and he’d make a great weak side LB……heck, maybe not even that much as iirc Jonathan Vilma wasn’t too bad at 230#

Yeah…he’s 5# from 6-4, 235 4.6 speed, with coverage skills…sounds like Luke Kuechly potential with maybe more range.

Could happen…

Week 1 Starter!?

1 Like

more of Sterling and Dom’s input…

“We looked at the tape. He hits and he took the ball away in the preseason also,” Williams said of Weatherford. “So if you go, ‘Hey, what profile of guys do you bring in?’ He fits that profile. And so, we talked to his teammates—Dom was happy that he’s here and he said, ‘Coach, he’s one of our guys’, meaning that his DNA is HITS principle DNA. So we’re glad we have him.”

1 Like

Tommy Doyle inactive for Bills tonight.