RedBird Rivalry week’

I was thinking the same thing, especially after Reghi said Aveon is the QB of Miami’s future.

1 Like

Congrats to the team on a great comeback win. Great especially for the seniors who get 1 more game. A Smith plays hard. Hope he can be a better passer.

2 Likes

These players don’t quit. That’s a fact.

3 Likes

The defensive performance the second half was as dominating as anything we have seen all year. After BSU’s first drive to start the second half, I belive Miami’s defense held them to about 65 yards the rest of the second half. Outstanding.

4 Likes

Toughness and Grit from Aveon, but boy, yeah he needs to work on accuracy of throwing.

A quick check of Ball State’s twitter replies show people are calling for Neu to be fired…and guess what his buyout is? 750k with a MAC championship in last 3 years.

Strange how close these two are statistically

2 Likes

Chuck Martin truly has nine lives.

5 Likes

He does…and really like his poise, but where are the slants and throws that we saw late during the game to Walker, Coldiron and Marshall…needs to throw ~25 times a game max and run, then get the ball to Davis, the backs and Hipp.

Is Mozee out…or back for bowl? At least these get warm weather two bowls in a row.

I see what you did there…lol

1 Like

Here are a few random thoughts I have. Hardly slept last night I was so excited so apologies for any typos:

1. Myles Marshall/Mac H. Two of the best WR ever to play for Miami and so brief for both. I think both make it to NFL camps. How is IU or PSU so great both are not playing is beyond me.
  2. Chuck knows defense and the players on defense play hard for him. So far, he’s coached many guys now that have made it to the NFL including: Quentin Rollins, Dominique R, Sterling, Mike B, Doug C, and heck, I’m counting Tay Gowan. Also, Manny R was excellent in Canada and likely earns a training camp look (if that’s contractually legal?). My point is, as down as everyone has been at times, half the equation seems correct for success (well, at least to me!).
1 Like

Also part of the frustration…we are putting a bunch of defensive guys on the NFL radar and/or in the NFL…and have had some solid skill on offense, recruit loads of OL, have more running backs than most teams and have hard time avg more than 24 points in the MAC and more than 6 wins.

Just say’n

2 Likes

Mac has been very solid here, but I wouldn’t dare call Marshall that haha. Will he be back in 2023?

I was just thinking how we need to upgrade the WR position next year

1 Like

Fair, fair point. How the heck do we crack the code…

I trust your opinion more than mine since I really only understand horse/dog racing, but it seems some of the big catches this year at big moments were Marshall’s?

Stick with CM, need new coaching at OC…

1 Like

We’ve owned them, and it’s Twitter. Why does it need to be tasteful?

1 Like

Indy’s MAC Team, too. CONFIRMED.

3 Likes

If you don’t like the ribbing on social media, don’t throw costly interceptions in back-to-back-to-back years.

6 Likes

It’s Facebook, so there’s a higher standard.

(kidding)

In any case, it doesn’t need to be tasteful, but maybe let the fans handle the ribbing instead of posting from the official account.

1 Like

Eh, it’s a program with limited success in a basketball state. He won the MAC two seasons ago and got to a bowl last year, and is one of the best QBs they’ve ever had. Not too many happy fans in Muncie today, but I imagine he’s not at danger unless next season is a disaster.

Sayler reportedly pushed changes onto Martin after a disappointing 2017, which resulted in Chuck focusing on the defense and us hiring a dedicated ST Coach (both units have generally been a lot better since then). I hope similar action takes place and we get new blood on offense, but I fear the wrong lessons will be learned from another bowl season.

1 Like