Real Football 2023 - Miami at Miami

Every logical person is gonna say don’t give any ammo to your opponent and it’s hard to argue with that. But then the other side of the psychology kicks in. Brett isn’t going to play college football forever. Some of these guys won’t ever get a bigger platform than this. Brett is basically saying: I am willing to put my name on the line because I intend to leave it all on the field. This could be my last rodeo in Oxford. I actually think it’s a master class in motivation on Brett’s part. Most people don’t have the guts to call their shot.

I don’t mind what Gabbert said. It will only become a big deal if it’s outside of his personality to do that and he feels he has to change his game to match what he said. He’s been around, he can handle it. And he already had a target on his back being the starting QB.

And to Alex’s point, a lot of people just assume Miami (FL) will be good because they have a coach who played there during their run 30-35 years ago. In the last 20 years, the Hurricanes have just as many AP Top 10 finishes as we do: 1. They were a bad 5-7 last year. They have a lot to prove.

1 Like

Love it. Love my QB. Love the swagger. I wish he would’ve gone all the way with the guarantee. Bulletin board material is for idiots. If you need it to do your job, you’re a loser anyway.

6 Likes

Holy crap. We are huge on the OL

2 Likes

Well you have a right to your opinion. There are lots of successful coaches that would strongly disagree. Some coaches are masters of the “bulletin board” motivation. See Bill Belichick. I wouldn’t suggest he is an idiot.

Given Chuck’s record against OOC teams over the last 9 years, I don’t think anyone is pulling a hammy.

UM is going to win on Friday, regardless of what our kids say or don’t say….because Chuck has proven he’s incapable of beating the big boys. His abysmal OOC record in 9 years has caused his coaching reality to set in. One bright spot is now his ego has stopped writing checks his teams couldn’t cash. He has proven to be a pretty good MAC coach. I still like him more than either Treadwell or Montgomery.

1 Like

SACKMAN BULLETIN BOARD MATERIAL TIME!

Your program is irrelevant. IRRELEVANT. It’s dead. It’s gone. It’s never coming back. Absolutely no one that hasn’t been arrested for cocaine possession or ran a Ponzi scheme gives a single solitary fuck about The U. You live in the past more than Dallas Cowboys fans.

Alex Van Dyke sucks. Always has. Always will.

You’re closer to FAU then you are Florida or Florida State and both of those programs blow, too.

Mario Cristobal is a loser with a terrible haircut and he’s worse than Al Golden. Bring back Randy Shannon. Wario somehow has a decent reputation because he can recruit AKA lie to teenagers but his trophy case is still waiting to be used. Dude sucks but at least he’s one of your own and you all suck so it’s perfect.

That was pass interference on Chris Gamble. GTFOH. Of course it was. That’s on you for losing to Craig Krenzel who spends today getting coaches fired and hired at Dublin Jerome because he is a giant man baby helicopter parent asshole piece of shit.

We’re coming down and we’re going to win. You are so bad that Chuck Martin is going to beat you in September and that only happens to hazers from Chicago.

Fuck The U. Fuck South Beach. Dwyane Wade will go into the Hall of Fame as a Cav. Dan Marino was garbage. Isotoners suck. Finkel was Einhorn.

5 Likes

Winner

Stupid by Brett. shut up let your play talk for you.

2 Likes

I say go 100% with it. Wear the “Miami was a university when Florida belonged to Spain” shirts while warming up before the game.

2 Likes

The game and Brett’s comments got a mention on today’s episode of Pardon My Take. In case there any AWL’s on here.

4 Likes

Well. Your approach always always works against the Bobcats and Bearcats. So there’s that…But the Sackman is precisely who should be trash talking opponents, an anonymous fan, not our head coach or our QB.

Thanks to Brett’s comments, we can all now appreciate this “beautiful” song (explicit content) :slight_smile:

https://twitter.com/TheCoachCoop/status/1695609352294371356

1 Like

We’re certainly not going in under the radar anymore! And they probably haven’t seen Sack’s firehouse blast yet.

OH NO NOW WE HAVE A BULLETIN BOARD MATERIAL BOWL!

That diss track unpopped my collar! Good thing I already have four collared shirts on (obviously protected by the J. Crew sweater tied around my shoulders).

Brett 4 Ever.

8 Likes

It’s definitely trash talk Game On now, Sack. The Hurricanes swagger that sent them to the Fiesta Bowl in military fatigues has been unleashed again, as well as the bravado that led them to plant 58 tombstones in the Orange Bowl and bring #59 to the game against Washington. Neither of those situations worked out in their favor so maybe we’re heading towards a trifecta.

Screenshot 2023-08-28 095533
Hey Reghi - last minute summer reading assignment for you

1 Like

Also Messi isn’t good enough to play for the Crew (the only team in Ohio).

You must be a blast at parties.

You’re our king, Brett. Talk your shit and kick their ass.

5 Likes

I’m so over this Hurricane crap. The Coral Gables bunch is even sending one to keep me from wearing my Miami of Ohio shirt to Hard Rock. It looks like Hurricane Idalia is going to show up in Wilmington almost exactly when my flight to Florida is scheduled to leave -10:40 on Thursday morning. I’m guessing we’re def talking a two puke bag climb out of Carolina if we do get out!

1 Like