Real Football 2023 - Miami at Miami

No real big surprises on the two deep except at CB. Glad McKee is able to go, but we’re very thin/inexperienced there. No Ty Wise either, so not sure if that’s an injury thing or what.

1 Like

And as Ballcoach1 hoped, Javon Tracy is in the two-deep. Only one tall WR but Nate is kind of a Swiss Army knife at TE.

1 Like

The only surprises to me, besides Ty Wise, are minor ones on the OL depth chart. Specifically Brandon Lawhorn Moore and Gavin Rohrs. I thought one or both might be on the two deep. And I suppose TJ Rush not in the two deep at CB, but Chuck said he has had some inconsistency issues. Just minor surprises. Maybe there are some injuries are maybe some guys came on late. I heard Moore in particular was having a good fall. Otherwise, no real surprises.

1 Like

What is the NCAA travel limit on players to away games and does Miami publish its travel roster?

In the game notes, under the pronunciation guide, Ertl’s entry is “Rhymes with Turtle”. Awesome.

2 Likes

I think the MAC sets the number at 70 for conference games. So I got the impression it varies by conference. For OOC games, I’m not sure.

1 Like

Rohrs was in a walking boot at the fall preview. I believe Miami travels 76 to OOC games and 70 to MAC games

Well, that explains why he isn’t in the two deep. Hopefully, it is nothing season-ending.

1 Like

I can totally hear Reghi saying, “What a play by Austin Rhymes with Turtle!”

I think someone has read the forum

https://x.com/jackschmelznger/status/1695479077673853127?s=46&t=BnpL3q4oXTuDYZSTgkMKhg

2 Likes

Just baited him into giving them some locker room bulletin board material when the other Miami was far more focused on Texas A&M.

I remember former Washington Coach Jimmy Lake’s comments about Oregon. Something like “we recruit from a superior academic pool than they do.” Oregon kicked his butt the following weekend and he lost his job mid-season. Always better to be as vanilla as possible. Let the fans throw the shade.

This highlighted vignette is from the Miami of Florida Media Guide. It’s my absolute favorite moment in Miami Hurricanes football history!

I remember the U had a row of 58 tombstones lined up in the old Orange Bowl. They didn’t get the opportunity to plant the 59th!

I disagree. I thought he answered it well. He complimented the U in what a great school they have. I seriously doubt there are too many U of Miami players that are worried about the academic comparisons of the two schools

2 Likes

The two deep lists a Kevin, Kenny and Keyon at running back. Reghi must feel like we’re messing with him.

1 Like

These UM fans having a field day over this

1 Like

Yep. Unless you’re actually going to kick butt like Hurricane teams did in the 80s, it’s probably not a good idea to poke Sebastian in the beak.

They’ll really give a media credential to anyone I guess.

1 Like

I’m willing to bet Canes player don’t consider “we’re a superior academic institution” to be bulletin material.

1 Like

CM is a master when it comes to press conferences. He gives very little info, stretches answers out so long he only fields 4 or five in a 15 minute interview. Also, just my opinion, I find him very funny at times.

1 Like

:dart::dart::dart: on his back now. I like confidence, but be smart.

2 Likes