Real Football 2023 - Miami at Miami

The viewpoint from the University’s vantage point is that ICA had their fundraising campaign and now it’s the University’s turn. It really shows that ICA is really not part of the Miami family in any sort of united way…pretty sad.

a house divided cannot stand…seems like an appropriate proverb.

Inside College Football tonight said “At least we’ve determined who the Real Miami is, as well as who is the nothing Burger of trash talking.”

Apparently so, good learning opportunity for BG…

1 Like

An observation:

I noticed something watching Miami fans, friends and players’ families walk up the stairs past me to leave Hard Rock on Friday night that I never remember seeing before. I’ll call it Dead eyes.

I don’t know what it meant, possibly stunned disappointment, a feeling of futility, a sense of resignation or indifference. Whatever it was it was definitely not optimism.

It definitely was not Miami confidence as I know it.

1 Like

In answer to an earlier question, I think Dom Dzioban has been injured and is evidently not yet ready to play.

2 Likes

Just saw YSU run a power play against OSU for 4 yds. If they can do it against an elite P5, we should be able to do better than -3 yds in the 1st half against the Canes.

1 Like

I just saw Top Gun 2. If Maverick is able to fly a highly complex military jet better than pilots half his age, we should be able to do the same against Miami.

1 Like

Sorry you can’t find a date and got stuck watching a B movie!

If you saw Top Gun 2 you wouldn’t be calling it a B movie. If you want to talk B movies, go rent Iron Eagle 2. There’s a scene when a Mig blows up and wood flies across the screen. Like it was a biplane or something.

1 Like

Wasn’t Top Gun Maverick nominated for Best Picture?

1 Like

It was! That’s why the comment about it being a B film was so off putting. I’ve seen a lot of B films in my life. Hot Buttered Elves is a B film. Same with Police Academy 14. But Top Gun 2 is not. And, so that we don’t lose the plot (like when I proposed Paul Shore to play the role of Sally Fields in “Not Without My Daughter 2) and was promptly hung up on by an agent, it was all to make the point that Miami football could learn something from Maverick.

2 Likes

“You Got Some Balls Stick Jockey.”

1 Like