Real Football 2023 - Miami at Miami

Ugh maybe Aveon should have been our starter?

4 Likes

So many deficiencies with this team were revealed tonight.Both sides of the ball. ST the only bright spot.

1 Like

I have always thought CM was intimidated when we play up, meaning a P5.

7 Likes

Announcers are saying it out loud…why didn’t we try something like this early on… it’s like we just gave up

Do the Hurricanes still have their first string D in the game?

1 Like

Guys, rein it in. This is the backup defense with their foot off the gas.

5 Likes

That is why we need a new coach!
OOC games are soooo frustrating and depressing.

2 Likes

But good for our 2s, where the gap is more telling.

Why not run the ball with Aveon on 3rd and 2?

2 Likes

It would have been nice to see Gabbert airing it out more, but to be fair, most of the time he had defenders in his backfield. He rarely had the time to do more than look for a quick out. Canes D on a different level than our o-line.

2 Likes

1.5 million dollars!

2 Likes

Positive takeaways tonight, special teams were excellent, and the new WR transfer Larvadain has serious speed and hands. He looked great.

1 Like

Final words from the broadcast:

“Impressive 35-point win for Miami University.”

Woo! We did it! We dominated them!

1 Like

I wouldn’t say excellent based on the punt coverage (especially the late “hit” penalty), but generally yes they were pretty good.

Our D and ST is hopefully good enough to compete for an East title, but nothing I saw tonight told me that we’re anything more than a 6/7 win team.

5 Likes

As long as CM is the coach we are likely no more than a 6-7 win team. You are what your record says you are. Maybe 8 wins.

7 Likes

Caned will be top 15 and they are the best team MU will see all year. I did not think it be this bad

2 Likes

Yeah, I was thinking 7-5 when I looked over the schedule recently. 2-2 OOC and 5-3 MAC. Hopeful for better than that though.

Their fair catch on the 3 was a huge mistake and we totally messed that up with a late hit. In these big games and in ANY of our games we cannot and must not make these mistakes. Beat UC!

Any injuries to be worried about? I only noticed Coldiron leave the game…

2 Likes

I found the game terribly depressing…the talent gap was obviously huge, but our coaching seems so bad, and as stated earlier, you can’t help but come away thinking Chuck already decided we couldn’t win and thus decided to show a “vanilla” game plan that he never deviated from no matter how ineffective it was…as I think Bluesman already said, Chuck continues to confirm that he just doesn’t value competing in OOC P5 games and expects to lose…a self-fulfilling prophecy.

9 Likes