Real Football 2023 - Miami at Miami

A kick into the endzone! Dang we are firing on all cylinders.

My wife was like “they’re way too far why are they kicking the field goal?” and I just said “watch this.” It’s the most badass thing I’ve done this week.

3 Likes

That was so bad, theres a reason he’s still coaching at Miami…

2 Likes

Great job by the referee on the screen

And we give it right back.

Not all bad on D - O needs to crank it up. We are having problems with their fill speed

-3 yards rushing at the half. Will try to get in positive yards in second half.

1st half impressions

Halftime
MSU 10
CMU 7

Can’t talk smack and be quick to slide and quick to get rid of the ball

I’ll take him sliding all night if he lives to fight another day

3 Likes

You are right Gabbert should run full speed into the biggest DT the Hurricanes have.

2 Likes

Well, it’s been the “nightmare”…CM @ OC helm - run, run, pass…wtf is that fade before our FG attempt…how about a 5 yards pass, best case 1 or 2 yards YAC and 1st down…otherwise 5 yards closer on FG?

CM is truly predictably boring…gives us no chance. Almost 0 offense in 1st half.

Kudos to D though…other than getting “sucked in” the one time when I turned to my son and said…U is going to bounce outside…they’ve been good. That one big WR for the Canes is tough to handle.

2 Likes

What plays would people like to see here? What plays would work? What’s wrong with throwing deep to our 6’4 WR and seeing if he can make a play?

Wide formations. Please!

What would people think about Miles Marshall without the Ball State catch…

When that play is your SOLE PASS play, coupled with draws against an overmatched O-Line, you get what we say, except for that little to minute drills. Runs need to be mixed with delays, and dives, we likely can’t reach the edge on design runs. Pass plays; the screens seemed to work a little. We do have a TE that need to get involved. Simple stuff that we refused to do the last 4-7 years.

1 Like

I think the TE is in to block, unfortunately.

Can’t execute that because the o-line isn’t any able to set up a proper pocket for Brett to get a good throw off. He’s had to run for his life a few times already.

Honestly some combination of slants, RB passes, and curl routes where Brett only needs to take a three-step drop, and a few option running plays to keep them somewhat honest. I’m not sure what else we can execute.

2 Likes

Begs the question of what, if any work the coaches do on offense during the off season. Can’t recall the last time we had a dynamic offense that used multiple variations of pass and run plays…

1 Like