Prediction Thursday: The Cure Bowl

The RedHawks are mudders.

Miami 16
App State 13

2 Likes

O’Henry goes balls out and throws for two TD’s while Our famous RB runs in another two. We win 28-16.

1 Like

17-13 Miami

I predict Jim Cantore will be at our game.

2 Likes

PS3 NCAA 13 prediction:

(1950s TV announcer voice used when a different actor would filling in to play a role for a short time):
“With Appalachian State not being in the NCAA video games back then, the University of Colorado filled in for the Mountaineers strictly due to uniform similarity.”

Miami 20
App State 7

Henry Hesson threw one TD (to Luke Bolden, of all players) and for the most part followed the Chuck Martin plan of not turning it over (Hesson lost a fumble on the opening drive but was clean the rest of the game). Rashad Amos scored the other TD to give Miami a “commanding” 13-point lead in the 4th. The D did was it usually does and didn’t give up any big plays.

One unusual thing was Graham Nicholson earned POTG honors. Now, he hit all 4 of his kicks (2/2 FG & 2/2 XP) so he technically outscored App State by himself, so maybe that’s why but I don’t think I’ve ever seen the game give a kicker the POTG award, at least when each side scored at least a TD. Oh well, add another virtual honor to Miami’s résumé and Graham’s résumé.

2 Likes

Miami 31. App. St. 21

From Tony Kornheiser:

“When you wake up and see Jim Cantore in your front yard, you know it’s going to be a bad day.”

2 Likes

Not kidding about Cantore. It’s supposed to be the friggin dry season in Florida! Lucky us!

From Emory Hunt @ Sportsline

1 Like

Tom Terry has been on TV for years and knows what he is talking about.

I’m flying in Saturday morning after two weeks of work travel. I’ve been trying to push the idea that my flight ends up delayed and I miss the game out of my brain. This doesn’t help.

2 Likes

I don’t think wind is going to be a big factor at MCO. Good luck!

I am really not sure on this one. I will go with Miami 23 ap state 20

21-20 Miami. We block a FG as time expires. Fitting way to conclude this season.

1 Like

Miami 28 aop st 14

1 Like

We will block 2 kicks, be it FG, XP or punt.

2 Likes

The Rainhawks 17
The Mountain Boys 9…we block an extra point

We do our little bit to help cancer’s ass!!!

1 Like

Hesson flings the ball all over the field, four TD’s, no interceptions. 34 - 21. But he doesn’t really run much, fans clamor for Kopp.

1 Like

19-17 Miami…

Just like the 2016 Gasparilla Bowl should have ended.

2 Likes

Defense dominates 27-9 RedHawks