Portal

So much for the idea of “Once they enter, they aren’t welcomed back…”

And that’s fine. If he is in fact returning, welcome back, Kevin. Happy to have you back in the red and white.

3 Likes

His name is back on the Miami roster.

3 Likes

Will give us a much needed boost!

2 Likes

Glorious news. He could be the featured back.

1 Like

Ohio QB CJ Harris transferred to Cal this week. Cal’s now in the ACC.

1 Like

Kind of chuckling that the Atlantic Coast Conference has a school by the Pacific now.

1 Like

Realignment has made a mockery of geography.

1 Like

Actually two.

1 Like

Let’s join the Mountain West. We can finally get revenge on Hawaii for the screwjob in 2001!

3 Likes

It’s all one ocean when you think about it, man

1 Like

I suppose it is if you’re Ferdinand Magellan.

1 Like

Once upon a time you could look at the prior year’s all conference selections and calculate how many had eligibility remaining to give yourself a pretty good guess which teams would be favorites for the following year. This is no longer the case.

I went through the all conference selections for all MAC teams and subtracted those who should have exhausted their eligibility. I then went through each schools transfer portal listings and subtracted those players listed as being in the portal or having already transferred.

School # returning/ all MAC(1st-3rd team)

Miami. 8 out of 12
Toledo. 7/14
W. Mich. 6/7
BG. 5/10
NIU. 4/5
C. Mich. 4/7
Kent. 3/4
Akron. 2/4
Buffalo. 1/4
E. Mich. 1/6
Ball St. 1/6
Ohio. 0/6

We have reaon to be optimistic about 2024

2 Likes

Ohio’s studs totally bailed on Albin!

Those young men made a horrible choice. But I respect that they realized it and worked to correct it.

Learning from your mistakes is important.

2 Likes

Miami offers former Michigan WR Eamon Dennis. He’s mostly been a special teams contributor during his time at Michigan. Miami’s new WR coach Roy Roundtree was a GA at Michigan during Dennis’ freshman year. So that might have a lot to do with this. I believe Dennis would only have one season of eligibility remaining.

1 Like

He sure got a lot of stickers on his helmet - way more than the michigan write up would suggest

2 Likes

Michigan stickers accrue year over year and include team based (such as wins) & academic accomplishments.

2 Likes

It’s like “you walked in the weight room and saw the coach doing squats at the rack in khaki pants and you didn’t start laughing immediately. You get a sticker.”

1 Like

Sorry for the language but what a fucking joke

https://x.com/On3sports/status/1791492021405753473

1 Like

Is he collecting NIL money from each commitment? If so, well done Rashad. Keeping do what you need to do.