Portal

1. No there is not a true tracking system - ON3 tries but it’s self reported. Total Player Value has more robust valuations but still not enough data pts in my opinion.
  2. Why should there be a cap? Free market?

https://x.com/hayesfawcett3/status/1783971838344806795?s=46&t=ZH1fFGwu8Q0191V3SgsUtQ

Who is he committing to tomorrow?

2 Likes

For now…

1 Like

So much for the idea that he wanted to play closer to home.

4 Likes

I was just about to type the exact same thing

1 Like

Colorado’s four star RB, Dylan Edwards, jumped in the portal Wednesday.

7 four star players jumped in the portal yesterday.The scent of big NIL money must be especially strong this week.

Without knowing all the details, this seems such a bad move. I am guessing he will be a pass blocker more often than not

2 Likes

At this rate, Rashad should back with us by mid-July.

Seriously, mad respect for the guy for what he did for us. I hope it works out well for him. In December he was still with us because players didn’t have the freedom to transfer multiple times while maintaining immediate eligibility. Since that point… he’s transferred multiple times.

1 Like

Same reason there is a salary cap in the NFL, NHL, NBA. Otherwise it ends up like MLB and the Wild West, which it always has been anyway with illegal benefits and money. Now it’s just above-the-table.

2 Likes

I’m not sure all understand what NIL is - it’s one’s intellectual property - not a salary. When rev sharing or employee pay occurs I’m sure there will be a cap. No pro athlete has a cap on monetizing their name, image or likeness.

4 Likes

What are the odds that Prime runs him off the team or he transfers again week 3 of August?

I bet what, 10% of players actually get paid for what NIL was intended for….

3 Likes

Actually, I’d be surprised if it’s even 10%.

3 Likes

How many credit hours has he racked up?

Neon will use him like a dog and mid season if/when he figures he’s not all “that” he’ll be looking for his next dude. End of season he’ll cut him like a mutt and never think of him again. Amos will be looking once again for some G/5 school to pick him up. Bet after 5 years he still won’t be close to a degree. What a waste. Hope he saved some of his money.

1 Like

Agree - prob less than 10%. But that’s how it’s been implemented due to the lack of guardrails. Laws will need to change (and they seem to be going in the opposite direction) for caps to be put into place. As long as the collective structure is allowed to exist there will be pay for play and used as a competitive advantage regardless of rev sharing, NIL coming in house, etc.

1 Like

Transfer portal doesn’t open again until after the regular season ends in late November or early December. He can drop out of Colorado, assuming he actually enrolls, but he can’t transfer through the portal until the next opening.

I don’t think that is exactly true when it comes to the college game. There is generally no marketing and branding opportunities for interior linemen in the NFL. Caitlin Clark is one thing. Rusty Feth on the Iowa OL is another.

The way NIL has evolved it has nothing to do with name, image and likeness. The NIL cooperatives controlled by the schools has made it a de facto salary system based on athletic ability alone.

4 Likes