Portal

A printed source you can link or you have a contact in the program?

Someone in the room.

2 Likes

That is bleak. It’s like don’t handle your bidness that way. Unless those kids did something indefensibly wrong you did them dirty by putting them in full view.

1 Like

We’re already scaring them enough to take drastic measures. Rent free

4 Likes

What would be the point of doing that in a room with the entire team?

I might see that there was an individual meeting with each athlete before.

There then might be an announcement to the entire team that these guys are no longer in the program.

Your source is not making that Catholic institution of higher learning looking very Christian like.

2 Likes

That practice seems… unusual and doesn’t make much sense.

But if it did happen that way… do any of those guys want to seek revenge on 9/21?

1 Like

I have a difficult time believing there is not much more to this. 14 players? The news out here in Colorado is full of stories about Neon Deon and his players, but 14 scholarships revoked at one of the “sacred “ learning institutions of the world and zippo. One of those players and/or their families would, it seems to me, leak or scream that story to any and everyone who would listen.

I’m suprised given Chuck’s ties to ND we haven’t landed more talent from South Bend over the years. Granted we have a few but prolly under 5 in ten years…

We should have some guys off this year’s team get a shot in the NFL. Ugwu. Salopek, and our LB who transferred from Indiana come to mind.

2 Likes

@DICK I hope so. But it will probably be as free agents. I saw a list of the anticipated Top 300 for the upcoming draft.There were just two MAC players on the list: the CB from Toledo and a kid from Western. It’s been a deep fall off since OT Eric Fisher was the overall #1 out of Central Michigan.

1 Like

I would think when Kelly left for LSU, a lot of Chuck’s ND connections went with him

2 Likes

Looks like Boone is heading to Lexington from Louisville.

Crystal balled to UK wow. Transferring to the in state rival after not even a semester would certainly enrage UL fans

1 Like

Yep. Maryland to Toledo to Louisville to Kentucky. Good grief!

1 Like

I actually saw one mock draft showing Ugwu as a 6th round pick of the Steelers in this year’s draft. Whoever did the mock draft must have been confused about his class year.

Here is the link.

2 Likes

Gus Ragland would have some connections with those ND players.

1 Like

Mitchell (the CB from Toledo) is about to be a 1st round pick, possibly as early as top 12. The fall from the Chiefs taking Eric Fisher #1 overall isn’t as deep as one might think.

1 Like

@muhawk There were six MAC players drafted in that 2013 draft, including Fisher at #1, Brian Winters in the 3rd Round and our very own Zac Dysert in the final round. Players were also drafted from Buffalo, Ohio and Bowling Green.

The MAC had 7 selected in 2004, including two first rounders - Ben and Jason Babin - and third rounder Darius Watts.

From that level to a possible two this year seems like a rather steep drop off to me. With the transfer portal and NIL now at play I don’t foresee the MAC ever getting back to that level.

I know a ND coach and it is true. I have mentioned on this page a few times that ALL schools, Yes CM too, has cut players. If players are going to be allowed to leave coaches have to be allowed to cut. The dirty portal/NIL world. CM has navigated this incredibly in my opinion. Sone teams, not so much.

3 Likes

I didn’t question your cred. I think you meant to aim that comment at someone else.

1 Like