Portal

Nicholson won the Groza with Miami last year.
Miami played at UMass last year.
UMass has men’s basketball.
The current head coach for the UMass men’s basketball team is Frank Martin.

See? The article isn’t wrong. It’s simply a few degrees of separation away from being accurate.

4 Likes

If he’d called him Frank Drebin though I’d have actually given him props.

1 Like

Kind of a Michael Larkin type?

Graham is good. Replacements will be good.

Only portal transfer I was that concerned about losing was Woullard.

Amazingly, we had a number of players that could have transferred for money, but did not.

Love the talent coming in on the offensive side of the ball and Chuck always does a great job of mining the portal.

Love and Honor!

4 Likes

After committing to MSU, Amos is reportedly visiting Colorado now. The saga continues…

2 Likes

This seems like a bad choice but I guess it’s one year

1 Like

I don’t think he has actually enrolled at Stark Vegas yet. I watched the highlights of the Bulldogs spring game and there was no mention of him. He wasn’t on their spring roster.

1 Like

Come hell or high water, I’m going to find a way to use this analogy today.

1 Like

We have comedic NAFTA around here. What’s mine is yours!

3 Likes

Colorado just signed OSUs 4th stringer from last year Dallas Hayden

Maybe he’s just taking a vacation…on Prime’s dime.

So sloppy… fourths?

1 Like

Colorado has had two RB’s enter the portal today

1 Like

It’s all crazy. 85% of the kids who have jumped in the portal since April 16 are kids of color. I think that needs to be studied. Is it because of scholarships being yanked and an inability of the kids’ families to pay tuition? Is it an endless quest to get paid through NIL? Is it because kids are being recruited to play long distances away from friends and family and homesickness is a play? Or is it something else?

There is definitely something socio-economic going on here! Universities are bastions of research. They need to start researching the impact of the portal and NIL on the transience of football student-athletes.

1 Like

it doesn’t take a genius to figure out the socio-economic status and motivations of people in this country

Not sure it’s a nefarious race thing (you didn’t imply), but I think it’s more related to the make-up of the positional groups being lured by NIL$. Also - I’d love to know the % of portal kids who’ve just been shown the door. ND in a team mtg Mon called out 8 kids and told them in front of everyone they were done (after doing to 6 the wk prior). I know of another school that put a list of 25 names outside the locker rm to clean out their lockers because they were done. No good

2 Likes

A couple unintended consequences of NIL/portal is the premature retirement of a few coaches and lack of incentives to develop kids anymore. You can play today or need to go. G5 schs have truly become the minor leagues - I’m somewhat doubtful we’ll ever see NFL players grad from MU again unless it’s a P5 transfer that happens to blow up in their last yr of eligibility. Really a shame.

6 Likes

I assume ND is Notre Dame. Regardless, whoever it is, it’s absolute BS to treat kids in that manner. Make them stand up and walk out of the room with all the others watching. If it’s an attempt to “motivate” others, it’s a horseshit way of doing it–just pathetic. If I was a fan/booster, I would be furious.
Can you see Chuck pulling such a f***uped move? Never.
Now, I hope we not only beat ND, but humiliate them/their coach, in front of their home crowd.

1 Like

ND told 14 kids in team meetings that they were done. I don’t want to be a skeptic but do you have a source for that assertion?

1 Like

Yes