Portal

In his own words: https://twitter.com/gnicholson99/status/1782209258387341517

Meanwhile, Miami adds transfer WR Kamryn Perry from Indiana University. Redshirted his freshman year and saw limited action in 9 games last season. Here is his HS school tape.

5 Likes

Georgia’s Milton High has an eerily similar school logo…

Was originally a 3-star out of Marietta, GA with offers from Kentucky and CMU as well. Real glad to get more receiving help with Larvadain gone.

2 Likes

"Though he stands at just 5-foot-9 and 165 pounds and was largely overlooked as a high school recruit, he’s been an eye-popping talent during spring and fall practices.

Simply calling Perry “fast” understates his value. He has stop-on-a-dime agility. A team captain looks to him for route-running advice."

2 Likes

Funny story about that. Summer after my freshman year I was at a local golf course wearing a Miami hat with the block M. Someone came up to me and asked if I went to Milton. I guess I’ll never escape looking like a high schooler

2 Likes

Go get paid, Graham, and text Will Reichard once a week to remind him that second place is first loser.

5 Likes

Do we know if Reichard finished second? It may have been the kid from New Mexico. So Reichard may have been the second loser.

1 Like

You jest, but forcing schools like Alabama to compensate schools from which they poach skilled players would be perfectly fine with me.

7 Likes

That’s a problem many of us would love to have!

3 Likes

Reinhard finished third. I think #2 might have been from UNLV.

2 Likes

I would not be surprised if some lawsuits actually surface centered on this issue. I have no idea if they’d be successful.

1 Like

Yeah UNLV, not NM.

1 Like

Have them sign contract with multi year deal with scholarship (even if small amount of money from NIL) with buy out.

3 Likes

I think we’re heading to a point where the likes of Alabama, Ohio State or Texas could “call up” our best players to fill holes midseason.

1 Like

This whole thing is such nonsense. It’s like Breakin’ 3: Send Me My Damn Fee. (The sequel to Breakin 2: Electric Boogaloo) but in this scenario, the evil meddling boosters win and the kids can’t save the teen center.

How did it come to this…

3 Likes

Mid season eligibility isn’t currently on the table. That is just the NCAA going through the process to codify what’s currently being enforced by court order: you can’t make an athlete sit out a year after their second (or more) transfer.

In general, I think the NCAA has a very strong argument against mid season transfers in football since you can’t transfer mid semester between schools. But for sports like basketball or hockey, I don’t think it’s unreasonable that we could see attempts to allow mid season transfers. Like all things NCAA recently, there needs to be either legislative action or collective bargaining with athletes, otherwise things will keep getting crazy.

3 Likes

@MooreHawk Agree that under the rule change adopted this week, a student/athlete can not play for two schools during the same season, even though they can now have unlimited transfers and be eligible to play immediately.

But I could envision the day when kids can switch teams in the middle of the season similar to the way it works with MLB and NFL releases/trades and minor league call-ups.

I’m pretty certain the big fish would be in favor of it.

The Journal-News, the only local paper that bothers to cover Miami, wrote up Nicholson’s transfer but can’t be bothered to get our head coach’s name correct.

2 Likes

My Oh My!