Portal

Maybe his understudy is good. Let’s find out.

2 Likes

I checked the ‘24 recruiting class. No PK. Perhaps it’s the ‘25 class.That would have made sense because we were expecting our All American back with a Redshirt Freshman in reserve.

Curious if the change in special teams coach had anything to do with it? Or just strictly money. Either way, no hard feelings. He accomplished a lot here at Miami. Best of luck to him

3 Likes

Also I believe we had a preferred Walk-on kicker as part of this last class. But I’ll have to go back and check. He wouldn’t be on any class lists

1 Like

Pittsburgh has a Redshirt Senior Kicker from Tipp City and a Redshirt Freshman. That’s where Bronowski went.

Next guy up.

I trust Chuck when it comes to the portal. I trust him even more when it comes to finding kicking talent. We had Sloman, then Nicholson. Next beast up.

3 Likes

Has been collegiately. Pretty good stats from HS:

• Was 18-of-20 on field goals and 50-of-51 on extra points his senior year
1 Like

Recommended watch: On3’s Andy Staples interviewed portal recruiting expert Cody Bellaire either yesterday or today. It’s a highly enlightening half hour interview available on free YouTube.

Carter Holden, an all-state kicker is part of the ‘24 recruiting class and will be eligible to play this upcoming season. I think we’ll be okay at kicker, but certainly would’ve been nice to have Graham back.

1 Like

It’s not just that he’s a great kicker and we will still have a good kicker. But the fact that we could raise credibility for the team by having it stated on every game that Miami had a Groza winner/first team All-American. Plus, for recruiting, we can say that we have an AA and an award winner so you can play at Miami and become a AA/award winner. Those reasons, alone, are invaluable.

2 Likes

Has range.

https://www.chrissailerkicking.com/player-rankings/profile?player=12593

Maybe I’m wrong, but I believe CM has said Dom is capable of doing both. With the emergence of Bevelhimer last year, I think you tell Dom to focus on PK. Let him, McLaughlin, and the new guy battle it out in camp

5 Likes

Prime Light: Curt Cignetti

46 transfers on Indiana’s Spring Roster. Rourke is running the Hoosier’s #1 unit. Miami transfer James Bomba - one of the players involved in the fraternity fight a couple years ago - is on the roster.

1 Like

From my full ride OU fb great nephew—Rourke is getting $250/yr plus job for his finance and place to live. Not bad for a college kid at a really piss poor football program. Think my g/nephew also said OU has about 43+ new kids on the spring roster. Let’s hear it for the potty portal.

As to Graham leaving my atitude isn’t quite as generous. Better not put to print. The kid Eddie highlighted: Cam Holden…hope he comes in and kicks ass and makes us forget about what’s his ass.

1 Like

He did say that last year and he has experience kicking.

1 Like

It’s Carter Holden.

Yeah not just that he’s capable but he could be a starting d1 kicker somewhere. I mean I wouldn’t be mad if that’s here, Bev was insane last year at punter

None of this money is remotely sustainable. 250 for Rourke means a back up QB at OSU prolly makes 500k. I think NIL is important but if I’m kicking in money there’s a limit. Especially if I’ve bought tickets or spent money on travel. 1k a person per member is fine at first until it’s not enough by year 3 and your dues or whatever they call them triple. It’s bad business. Country Clubs fail for this reason.

2 Likes

We can still say that because we had a guy play at Miami and win a national award and earn 1st AA. Had Graham been a senior last year and been out of eligibility, the staff would certainly use him as proof you can be the best at your position at Miami. Why wouldn’t the coaches do that still just because he is transferring?

2 Likes