Portal

Not sure I am going to say this right but here goes. To me the issue is not so much people not doing their job as much as no one is being held accountable for not doing their job.

5 Likes

Joe Bowen left Miami 15 days ago. Still listed on the Miami website. :man_shrugging:

4 Likes

Redhawks.com is like the Hotel California. You can check out any time you want, but you can never leave.

1 Like

It’s like Heathrow in that regard as well. I sat 6 hours on the runway on multiple occasions. With AI supposedly making us smarter how is this still happening in 2024. Off topic I digress.

1 Like

Every freshman who signed got their own post. I think transfers made their own posts and got reposted by our socials. Typically don’t do that because the portal opens up at the end of spring and some kids quit anyways.

Ball State RB Marquez Cooper announces he’s entering the portal. Had over 1k yards for the Cardinals last season

1 Like

He was already a transfer - from Kent State. Must be graduating.

Offer him!

Court in WV ruled 2x undergrad transfers don’t have to sit out a year if they transfer during the 23-24 academic year so not necessarily

1 Like

Is that stay still in effect?

1 Like

Amos can come back if goes no where

Pretty sure Amos will have some decent P5 landing spots as evidenced by UNC prior offer. It’s apparent he is being careful with his choice and I can only assume he wants assurances of being the featured back no matter where he goes…that might be a tall order for a P5 school to agree to.

1 Like

Yes, I think everyone wasn’t really clear with it when the ruling first came out because there was supposed to be more hearings but the NCAA released a memo to all schools a couple weeks later clarifying a few things and that was one of them. A couple of our guys flipped their decisions to stay and hit the portal after it was released.

1 Like

Not if coach doesn’t let him back. We already hit the portal and got a similar style back. Leaving almost always has consequences

2 Likes

Unless you are Brett Gabbert.

1 Like

IIRC Brett entered the portal but announced his return only a week or two later, not months after. I’d certainly welcome back Amos if he wants to return and we have room, but don’t want to revoke scholarships to fit him in.

5 Likes

He was in the portal for 18 days. Regardless, my statement is true.

I’m pretty confident Chuck would welcome back any of the guys who went P5 over the last few years. Brett just happened to be the only one who entered and returned. Guys with talent are always going to get a second chance, that goes for all levels.

3 Likes

Graham Nicholson also entered the portal and is returning

5 Likes

Well I never said he wouldn’t, so there’s that. CM used to talk shit about kids that left. Then Brett made him eat those words and now the seal has been broken. The players don’t really appreciate their teammates abandoning them for better opportunities, only to come crawling back. I liked CM’s original stance, “if they don’t want to be here, we don’t want them”. That ship has sailed though.

1 Like