Portal

Or maybe we could not just make fun of any college kids?

3 Likes

Why not? That Wiznitzer goon for Ohio U: total piece of shit.

1 Like

Preston is on our roster, yes

1 Like

Awesome. Welcome to the original Miami!

Exactly

1 Like

Preston who

Could someone in the Football office and Sports Info Dept ( do we have an SID ? ) take a few minutes and send out a list of portal transfers and new Feb signees including PWO’s - is it too much to ask to have some minimal off season communication?

4 Likes

The link to the 2024 class only shows the December high school signees.

Par for the course…

1 Like

I would ask of the department, 1) what have you accomplished that is visible to fans like me, 2) what have you done that is behind the scenes that is valuable to the success of the programs, and what have you just not have time or resources for that you would like to do?

I feel like this is a topic that has been discussed ad nauseam with answers given, especially w/r/t football.

1 Like

We have a director of football operations, one for digital and video, one for player personnel and one for player research…… none of these roles present decades ago. Four people can’t get one post together?!

Terrible message to the kids who just signed

4 Likes

None of those roles are positions that would be responsible for social media or website updates, those are coaching/analyst positions. My understanding is that the SID positions were significantly cut a few years ago.

1 Like

The DFO has many other duties that are related to the actual day to day operation of the program, none of which is media activities. I believe when Kyle Kron was here he handled all the social media, so whoever took his place should be handling those duties.

My point is that the program has 4 full time positions…. Someone needs to figure it the phuck out

Does anybody is the real world really only do just their “job description “…. Or do they pitch in when the team needs help

4 Likes

Excellent point. At the risk of generalizing, I would say a widespread attitude now seems to be “work to the rule,” and applies way beyond football. In the military everything is about mission, and in the best organizations in any field of endeavor it still is. The list of those seems to be shrinking.

1 Like

Since Miami announced the one guy but not the others is it possible we dont have scholarships to award and these are more verbals instead of commitments?

Backer makes a good point about the kids that just signed. They should get some recognition. If we can make posts from the weight room surely we can fit them in. Previously I was thinking that this was all about us wanting to know. That would be nice too but really the kids should be seen.

4 Likes

I would hope that a Spring 2024 Roster might be posted within the next two-three weeks. Maybe CM will show up at LaRosas one Thursday soon and have a conversation about new personnel - including new coaches - with Bake.

Agree - is it a lack of commitment or we do not have the staff to take 20/30 minutes to do a release of info - Jive you are right this type of issue has been raised by many on this before but I do not agree that we ever have gotten any answers. The lack of oversight and organization in the Athletic Dept appears to be lacking in many areas
and this is just another example

1 Like