Portal

Whatever the old Word Association threads got up to.

2 Likes

From the new site, this has the second most replies of any thread behind the word association post. As far as views, it’s fourth. #1 is the transfer thread from last year. Then the 2023 football season thread, the 2024 football recruiting thread, then this one.

https://miamihawktalk.fans/top?order=posts&period=all

3 Likes

It’s interesting reading this now…

Miami RedHawks Class of 2023 Transfer Portal Rundown

1 Like

Indeed. I first came across Jeffrey Simmons’ name as a standout basketball player in Indiana as well as a highly regarded tight end. But he redshirted, then transferred to Ball State and redshirted there last season. Will be interested to see if he finally sees action this season.

1 Like

Looks like Warren is on the move

https://x.com/mzenitz/status/1752823205901816292?s=46&t=Mwc894NmZi2sl3ixPUgjFA

Saw this. Bummer. We’re going to be replacing most of our defensive backfield.

Also, I thought the portal was closed?

1 Like

Maybe he has his degree.

I thought I was done having to worry about the portal

3 Likes

Forgot about that. You’re probably right.

1 Like

Again, we’ll be fine. Have incredibly talented youngsters and will bring others in.

Former five star linebacker Lance Dixon transfers from WVU to Toledo - the rockets first ever five star recruit.

1 Like

Why total radio silence from the Miami football program re the portal ? Why no updates at all re the start of a new semester and the resumptions of workouts? Wev are asked to support the program , buy season tickets, make financial contributions, attend games etc BUT virtually no communication . Miami has a lot of positives but communication with alums and supporters from the Athletic Department extremely negative.

1 Like

My only question is was Miami pursuing this 5 star LB transfer, and if not, why not?

2 Likes

He played at Penn State, transferred to WVU, was suspended part way through the season at WVU. I know nothing about the suspension.

2 Likes

Because they never announce until everything is done. It’s not new.

1 Like

If WVU suspends you… you definitely did something to deserve it.

4 Likes

He didn’t stand for Country Roads!

1 Like

Country Roads, maybe.

And he’s not transferring to Huntington Tech?

He gets a free Jeep?

1 Like