Portal

Maybe. Who knows?

If he lasts 20 years he’ll get a pension. Not bad.

I still want to know how that’s going to work outside of the B1GSEC. Since Miami’s AD doesn’t make any profits, where does the money come from? More student fees? More direct subsidies at the expense of academic spending?

Or do we think that the B1GSEC will put their money into one big pot for all the schools to share? The “from each according to his abilities to each according to his needs” model? Good luck with that. Why don’t we expropriate their endowments and research billions while we’re at it? Push for that, and you’ll get the big separation sooner rather than later.

Wow! Day is making a haul!

That might be the end of Brown’s short career at OSU. O’Brien’s hire certainly helped. Hartline? We’ll see…

2 Likes

In the words of the immortal Will Rogers:
*"Thems what has…gets.

Also noteworthy from Will: “Buy land…they aint making it no more.”

1 Like

24/7 says Miami’s Matt Reardon has transferred to Youngstown State.

1 Like

To OK State.

1 Like

Met him at great nephew’s wedding this summer. Had some fun with OU/MU back and forth. Met couple of his teammates.His roommate, my great nephew, told me at Christmas family get together he got $100k offers from several schools including Oklahoma State for grad school add on to his Bobbie career.

2 Likes

Makes sense. He was a high school QB from Youngstown I do believe.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/petethamel/status/1749867587255554269?s=46&t=dnsb372p8vz4GGq5llZEfA

My guess is that this has tampering written all over if.

I think he has a better offer. That’s what I was told anyway.

2 Likes

I wonder if that offer came in after he’d left the portal and committed to Ohio. Who knows how this actually works? Do you stay available in the portsl even after making a commitment to a new program?

1 Like

DeVry is a better offer than OU.

3 Likes

Maybe he wanted the chance to win a conference title. Or even a division title.

2 Likes

My concern is with how the process works.

1 Like

Yeah, low bar for sure.

1 Like

I think it was a verbal commitment.

1 Like

He committed to Alabama today.