Portal

Potato, tomato.

1 Like

That was going to be my first reply. Haha

2 Likes

As a native Louisianan, big difference. SW is now called University of Louisiana (Ragin Cajuns) and is an FBS school. SE (Lions) is an FCS school. Kind of like comparing Miami to Youngstown St

3 Likes

Chuck let brett come back last year when decide to come back maybe amos can come back

1 Like

Well, UNC (and maybe other P5 programs) beckon, but UNC has another good RB so no guarantee Amos will be the featured back there…so maybe there is a chance (albeit slight) that Rashid stays w Chuck guaranteeing that he will be the “man” if he remains at Miami.

2 Likes

Please let this be spoken into existence.

1 Like

Looks like we got Luke Bolden’s replacement!!

1 Like

Odd outbound portal pattern at Ohio: With no coaching change at all, the 10 win Bobcats had 15 kids jump in the portal. 7 of them are already committed to P5 programs.

Here’s a really freaky portal transfer. This kid played at BC Prep and did a PG year at prestigious Choate Rosemary Hall in 2019. His first year at Harvard was a COVID washout when the Ivy canceled football. He only played in four games in 2021 but played in both 2022 and 23. Still has two years of eligibility and a Harvard degree in hand. Can’t play any longer at Harvard.

Where to next? Why Kent State,of course.

Careful what you say about Kent. It would seem in addition to Kaleb M mentioned above our Miami University president is a Golden Flash.

From the Miami website:“VPresident Crawford earned bachelor’s (mathematics and physics), master’s (physics), and doctorate (chemical physics) degrees from Kent State University.”

And in case you didn’t know it his wife is also a Phd and fellow Golden Flash…later in the same Biography on President C…"President Crawford met his wife Renate while both were in the Ph.D. program in Physics at Kent State University. Renate Crawford, Miami’s university ambassador and an adjunct professor of physics, is the author of numerous scholarly publications about Confined Liquid Crystals – and her sister is a “Miami Merger.”

Biography | Office of the President | Miami University (miamioh.edu)

2 Likes

Well aware of their relationship to Kent.

They’re not the first connections between Lewis Place and Kent. That’s where we got President Shriver in 1965. He had been a history prof and Dean up there.

But I would have expected a kid with these credentials to have transferred perhaps to Rice, Tulane for G5 level football or possibly to BC, Vandy, Duke, UVA, or Northwestern.

4 Likes

He has his Harvard degree already. Any transfer is going to be entirely about football. I guess Kent was the right fit for him for those purposes.

2 Likes

Plus, it appears Kent may have been his only FBS offer.

My dad was a pitcher at Kent State in the early 60’s, and had Dr. Shriver as his academic advisor. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

I’ll take that Kent degree over the Harvard degree any time!

Edit: I removed the “chuckle.” But I do like the word. It’s fun to say, and fun to post.

Harvard can fuck off! And my statement doesn’t depend on the context!

1 Like

Harvard Avenue in Irvine, California is annoying!

As a graduate of the school… it’s BC High, not Prep. :sunglasses:

And from BC High to Harvard, he clearly is tired of winning, so making the switch to Kent makes sense.

3 Likes

Thanks. My mistake. Aware it’s actually BC High. Excellent private prep school.

Classic example of making a four year football decision as opposed to a well-thought-out 40 year career decision.

2 Likes