Portal

We had Brekke as a grad school one year OL from Holy Cross in ‘22.

1 Like

Confirmed MAC QB Portal Movement as of 1/12

Cole Snyder from Buffalo to Eastern
Drew Viotto from Minnesota to Eastern
Kurtis Roarke from Ohio to Indiana
Dequan Finn from Toledo to Baylor
Treyson Bourguet from Western to BYU
Joe Labas from Iowa to Central
Ben Finley from Cal to Akron
Chase Harrison from Marshall to Ball
Aveon Smith from Miami to Alabama A&M
JD Sherrod from Troy to Kent
Jase Bauer from Central to Sam Houston
Dijon Jennings from Akron to Wofford
Ryan Jankowski from Eastern to UMass
Gunnar Gundy from Oklahoma St to Ohio

Five or six other MAC QB are currently in the portal but not shown as committed anywhere.

1 Like

Cal to Akron? Dear god . . .

Seriously. If I needed to transfer down to play from Cal I’d have been looking at Davis.

Cignetti and the portal: IU looks like Colorado right now. The Hoosiers have 23 transfer outs and 22 transfer ins. Of the transfer ins,10 of them are from JMU.

That’s the impact of having the portal connected to a coaching change now. When a coach leaves, he absolutely picks his old team clean and takes his best players with eligibility with him while others left behind jump ship.

It’s going to happen to Washington, too, but it’s too late in the process to backfill effectively. The transfer cupboard is mostly bare. Most of the recently- committed transfers - like QB Will Rogers - bailed yesterday.

Washington’s change has come so far into the process that most of the best guys have already transferred and some are approaching mid-terms at their new schools.

For JMU and Washington, it’s a two week ride from a 12-2 dominant G-5 team and a 14-1 National title game participant to teams that look more like Marshall and post-PAC-12 breakup Oregon State. At least JMU has a new coach onboard and has been able to do some recruiting/roster stabilization for a week or two.

Whoever has to backfill a head coach after Washington raids theirs will be in an even worse situation. Anybody picking up a trsnsfer right now will have trouble getting them into school until after spring practice.

The current situation serves to decimate successful programs.

Black Humor: Rumor has it Dubs will be making official recruiting visits to UConn and NIU.

He was probably told to go in the portal. I don’t blame anyone for going to a school they have a shot to play.

But what an academic culture shock. Maybe he wasn’t cutting it in the Berkeley classroom either.

Wondering what albany quarter back will do now ward from Washington just commented to the u

1 Like

Maybe he’s a classics major and thinks it’s a foutball team in Akron, Greece?

2 Likes

I had almost forgotten that Akron Greece was the chariot wheel capital of the ancient world. Good reminder!

Every time I click on the Portal thread I am hoping for Miami portal news- radio silence. I understand we have 3 incoming portal players. Are we done? Are we waiting until the next portal period? Are we being rejected in our portal offers? Anyone on this site have info in this area? That said I feel good about our returning team including the incoming recruiting class-maybe that is the answer to my questions.

1 Like

Did Amos ever actually commit anywhere? Maybe we are working to re-recruit him?

2 Likes

I was reading on 247 today that he is the second best uncommitted transfer still available. Hopefully we can work some magic to try and keep him.

1 Like

Lol, yep, same here. I wish we had 3 separate topics: Portal - Miami Incoming, Portal - Miami Leaving, and Portal - Non-Miami. :grinning:

1 Like

Hmmm. JMU QB still not committed

Miami adds a TE

https://x.com/connorbriggs15/status/1746653779544461569?s=46&t=Mwc894NmZi2sl3ixPUgjFA

3 Likes

Southwestern Louisiana? If so looks like he’s more of a blocking TE.

Same school that Gage came from IIRC. And yes, more of the Bolden type blocking TE

1 Like

Kid is from SE not SW

1 Like