Portal

Gunnar Gundy to OU. Bobkitties were his only FBS offer since he entered the portal.

1 Like

If we had a healthy team, I do not think so. They barely beat BG. We would not be TD underdog unless away game at their place and that would be a maybe. They were over-rated this year.

1 Like

Until I read the 2nd sentence, I thought he was going to his dad’s in-state rival OU (ha ha).
So, he is not “a man” like his dad had quoted about himself, he is a” kitten.”
Beat OU!

The common opponent was BG. We won 27-0.

1 Like

Comparing a single common opponent in football only gets you so far. In SP+ (which typically matches Vegas lines fairly closely), Liberty would be a 5 point favorite on a neutral field.

The Cocks giveth, the Cocks take away-Gage to South Carolina

Funny thing about the MAC is many think it’s an invisible conference with a terrible podium, yet the big schools sure seem to know about us. I guess that’s good?

1 Like

I wish him the best, but weird move. Going to a 5-7 SEC team where his speed will be neutralized by better athletes in the opposing secondary? Versus having a 1000 yard 10 TD year if healthy with Brett and (hopefully) winning a lot of games.

1 Like

Woullard, Amos and Larvadain. Make the bad man stop!

5 Likes

And Washington has been an underdog in each of its last two games.

1 Like

He stayed at Liberty. Nobody else wanted him.

3 Likes

Jamey must have found some additional NIL $

1 Like

I know a kid that left Ohio State as a starter to go to Syracuse. That is reality.

3 Likes

No disrespect to Brett, if I were a QB that wanted to play and I had at least 2 years of eligibility , I would go to Miami . Brett is injury prone.

4 Likes

I agree. Brett might have almost as much Titanium in his body as I do. I’m hoping he gets a full 14 games in next season.

1 Like

Chris Petersen was on a talk show today talking Husky Football. He said the main reason UW is in the title game is because in the day of the portal so many key guys are sticking it out.

Peterson said players choosing to stick it out creates a team bonding and program continuity that contributes to the UW winning so many close games.

Miami needs to find a way to keep the Feths, Shaffers, Saunders, Amos, Woullards, etc. from leaving.

I’m guessing that’s financial inducement.

5 Likes

Penix, Jr’s backup is headed to James Madison to finish his career.

https://www.si.com/college/washington/football/morris-will-join-sun-belt-team-to-finish-career

But the offensive line was better without Feth and Shaffer and the secondary was better without Saunders. Sometimes it works out better for everyone (though better for us last year).

4 Likes

In the big picture most of the starters are coming back, yes three left but at least eight guys who could have left are staying. So the staff must be doing something right.

1 Like