Portal

I think I would have liked Saunders especially early but I agree the line was better.

Feth started in the Big 10 but it was one of the worst offenses of all time- so bad the head coach’s son got fired as offensive coordinator on a team that won the Big 10 west. Think about that

Schaffer didnt start for a great Oklahoma team

Also there will be no financial inducement we could maintain to not lose somebody. Imagine Roethlisberger today. We could offer him $250k a year and a p5 we come in with a million. We could offer a million and OSU would offer $2M.

As a fan it sucks but it is the way right now

1 Like

If we’re going to use common opponents as measuring sticks: Liberty beat Buffalo by 28; we beat them by 13. Liberty beat UMass by 24; we beat them by 13.

I don’t think margin of victory against common opponents is super relevant, though.

5 Likes

“Left” :joy:

1 Like

Right, like I said, he wasn’t leaving Liberty to come to the MAC.

1 Like

I can make a list a page long of P5 transfers to MAC, and other G5 leagues…some even to FCS. What you fail to understand is these kids want to play. Period, end of story. So the number one factor is pathway to the field. Not P5, G5 or anything else.

2 Likes

I think the ones already playing are shopping for more lucrative financial deals on bigger stages. Underutilized players, as you said, are looking for more playing time wherever that might be.

1 Like

Prove otherwise… I’m not here to be constantly attacked by you. People are free to have different opinions. There is no need to be so confrontational . I have a lot of knowledge and personal experience with a lot of teams, coaches and players. That doesn’t mean I’m right about anything. However, my information is not based solely on my opinion. Take it , leave it…but if you can’t be nice, just don’t comment.

2 Likes

All of those, absolutely.

2 Likes

Wydner is committing to West Georgia.

I’m not sure what Kyle McCord getting pushed out at OSU has to do with Salter choosing to stay or go at Liberty. Two completely different scenarios.

I agree, pathway to the NFL is the number one factor. Which, again, is another reason why I didn’t think it made any sense for him to leave Liberty to come play in the MAC. What’s the upside there? It makes zero sense for him. That’s all I was arguing. But I’ll stop with the vicious attacks and move on.

Ohio State had one NFL-potential QB graduate and they panicked into thinking they knew how to develop QBs

This year? Or the last few? I feel like right or wrong, OSU has had a bunch of recent guys end up as QB’s in the NFL. Fields. Haskins. Burroughs. And another I’m blanking on…

Edit: Stroud. That’s the other. Plus a bunch more if you count the Tressel era.

Burrows doesn’t count. Fields…maybe, but he still has WR potential. Stroud…probable NFL QB potential…

You think Fields should move to WR? I take it you don’t watch any Bears games

Of course Burroughs counts. He was there 3 years. And he played games there. Just not as much as he wanted. Saying he doesn’t count is like saying MU had no hand in developing Ivan Pace.

2 Likes

“I didn’t come here to sit on the bench for four years. I know I’m a pretty good quarterback. I want to play somewhere.”

Can’t blame him. It turned out pretty well for him. And yes…He did play games at OSU.

1 Like

I agree with you, coach.

2 Likes

D2

JFC…go jump off a bridge, Bill Polian.

2 Likes