Portal

It will probably have to be someone with two years of eligibility because of Brett’s situation.

1 Like

Andre Johnson Miami announcement on Instagram:
https://www.instagram.com/p/C1ubr1nuOyO/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link&igsh=MjJkMmIyYzQxYw==

Finally. A WR named Andre Johnson picked the right Miami.

:grinning:

1 Like

There are several I would consider. Here are 5 : Davin Wydner ( 3 years eligibility.) Kaiya Sheron ( 2 years left). Israel Carter ( 3 years left ).Kaidon Salter ( 2 years left. ) Kayden Maiava (3 years left )

1 Like

Salter isn’t leaving Liberty to come play in the MAC.

He’s not coming to the MAC. And he’s definitely not going to a team if he wouldn’t be the guaranteed starter.

All interesting prospects. I think Salter and Maiava are both destined to go P5 next year. The kid from Ole Miss is interesting because of his size and his high school career in Florida. I’m a little surprised he walked in at Ole Miss. The UK guy has size, too, and we’ve got some Kentucky guys on our roster.

Watched a couple of interviews of Andre Johnson. He mentioned in one that he won the competition for fastest top end speed on the team (22.8 mph). So he appears to be a guy that can stretch the field.

5 Likes

Looks like he had a good season back in 2022…not sure if regression in 2023 was due to competition for PT or injury (or other).

Basketball sucks when the last time we had mac title in Basketball chuck has since the last time we won Basketball mac title

Hey Theman just a heads up-this is a football post!!

1 Like

I approach my day a little differently than you I suppose. I would still offer him.

Those P5 guys are about to run out of landing spots though. I would offer them. What’s the worse that happens?

3 Likes

Maiava was the 62nd ranked QB in class of 2022. We had the 53rd ranked here but he transferred. So, it’s really not out of the question.

2 Likes

My day occurs in reality. A reality in which there is a 0.0 chance Salter is leaving a better team, in a similar conference, to come play in the MAC. But sure, go for it.

1 Like

He’s a Hawaiian born kid who played high school football in Vegas. He was originally committed to coming back to UNLV next year but changed his mind this week. I think that’s probably because someone in P5 has been luring him. No problem in offering him but I can’t see any circumstances that would draw him to Oxford, Ohio to play three cold midweek MACtion games in November.

I think the kid from Albany should be in the mix too

Might be just enough diamond in the rough to get passed over. And hungry enough to no give a shit about whether Brett is going to come back or not

1 Like

I agree he’s probably not interested in Miami but to say he played for a better team than Miami is a bit of a stretch. Liberty’s 9 point win over BG and a 45-6 loss to Oregon on a neutral field would say otherwise.

2 Likes

I think if we would have played Liberty in a Bowl game, we’re probably a touchdown underdog. So I don’t think it’s a stretch. But I’m not trying to argue 2023 Liberty vs Miami, so fine, arguably a better team than Miami.

1 Like