Portal

I just posted this in another thread. No matter what anyone who dislikes Chuck says, it’s very clear he can spot and develop talent. So many of our best players have landed good places the last few years.

1 Like

Will Howard improve the QB position? If he beats UM.

Yes, that was a pun.

1 Like

I like the Downing kid from Purdue - from what I hear less of a sure thing than Amos, but better than the remaining RBs on the roster. And Gage is a possibility to remain in Oxford - it is not a done deal.

4 Likes

From what I’ve heard, we don’t have the right pipes in place for NIL for the team…they are actively working on it and think they have donors who can then support it

7 Likes

As much as I hate to see him go, I’m loving the support he’s getting from the Oklahoma faithful.
https://twitter.com/WoullardCaiden/status/1743067320082108911?t=FsyYZ_gu-BXQd586G3Vy4Q&s=19

1 Like

Oklahoma gets Woullard. Miami gets a big hole at Edge. That sounds like a fair system.

2 Likes

That’s college football in 2024, unfortunately.

2 Likes

He wasn’t shy about saying this is about money. I credit him for being honest.

4 Likes

If men’s basketball can figure it out, why can’t football? See announcement from yesterday. Perhaps Chuck needs to go have a sit down with Travis.

2 Likes

I’m a little surprised we didn’t grab a QB from the portal with some experience. QB position remains the main weakness for CM. We never seem to have a plan, just in case Brett goes down. Henry and Kopp will improve with reps in practice, if they can get them? I would have brought in a QB just in case Brett isn’t ready on day 1 and if Henry and Kopp don’t improve.

4 Likes

We can still grab one. The deadline was to enter the portal. Not take players off of it. I agree, if we can get one, we probably should. Never know how Gabbert bounces back from this horrific injury. Just will be tough convincing someone to come in and potentially sit if Gabbert can play.

3 Likes

Focus has to be on developing the kids already on the roster. I don’t think Miami can have sustained success relying on portal QBs

1 Like

Or there’s a feeling with Gotkowski enrolling early that he’ll compete for the #2 job?

2 Likes

Miami adds former Arizona State WR Andre Johnson. He’s a grad transfer with one year of eligibility left.

7 Likes

At 6-4 215 he has good size. He did not play as much last season as previous years. Wonder if he was injured. I am not sure if he has one or two seasons of eligibility remaining.

Maybe another Miles Marshall type WR? That would be fantastic.

32 career receptions…woof

I’m just saying we have missed on several already. Why wait?

1 Like

Were you expecting us to land a P5 guy that was averaging 50 catches every year?

ASU was mostly a dumpster fire of a program during Johnson’s time there. He also went through a coaching change, so he was no longer one of their guys. He may have dealt with injuries. There are a number of factors that go into it. Joe Wilkins hadn’t done anything at Notre Dame and he was productive here until Brett got hurt. Same goes for Marshall and the kid from MSU. He has a fresh start here at Miami and this is his last chance. Let’s maybe give him a shot

4 Likes

Doesn’t hurt to add him. We have the room. He didn’t have many offers out of HS-just ASU and Bemidji. My guess is we might add at least one more WR. We have open spots.

2 Likes