Portal

He played in ‘23, but was the third back in the room. I’ve watched him a fair amount. Pretty solid north-south runner. Definitely a guy with a good work ethic imo

1 Like

Looks like he played in all 13 games in ‘23. That should mean he has a single year of eligibility left right?

24/7 dumped the names of the NYE Weekend trsnsfer portal entries. Nobody from Miami. Big surprise is 7 Alabama four stars and one three star are new to the list.

Dante Cephus back in the portal - leaving Penn State.

1 Like

He says he has two.

He definitely did in his transfer announcement, but I don’t see how that could be right. He played more than four games in 21, 22 and 23. Since 2020 doesn’t count, he technically has two years to play one, but that should be it.

3 Likes

Next positions we need to address are DL, especially the interior, and WR. Maybe add another OL as well. And depending on how worried the coaches are about Gabbert and his ability to play, QB.

1 Like

Miami offered former Texas Tech WR Tyler King yesterday.

2 Likes

Glad Chuck got my memo on team needs!! :grinning:

3 Likes

According to the 24/7 list 64 QB have already transferred through the currently open portal session. 81 QB remain in the portal unplaced.

1 Like

Didn’t realize both qbs from wmu entered the portal. Whoa

2 Likes

There is some speculation Saban might hang it up. Could the over the weekend entry of six or seven four star Bama players into the portal be a signal that the rumor might be true?

Chuck to Alabama?

2 Likes

I’ve long felt 11 Urbans and Spices Meyer will go back to OSU since it’s very clear Day is John Cooper the 2nd, but I could absolutely see Bama reaching out to him.
Also, since we are discussing Bama, for some reason I feel compelled to yell “Coo Coo Coo let’s get ‘dem Dukes!”

2 Likes

Saban to Oxford.

Former Miami DB Mekhi Miller outbound in the portal from New Mexico State.

1 Like

Not to sound crass, but WGAF!

2 Likes

I am surprised we were able to keep Salopek, Nicholson and Wise. They must be getting some type of NIL to stay. Great to see!

Is Laws Hall Associates still in existence? I wonder if there are NCAA restrictions with a student marketing organization helping athletes with social media influencer revenue generation?

For every dollar that a LHA student helps an athlete earn, gets a 1-1 reduction on their student activity fee

Woullard to Oklahoma per his twitter.