Portal

Woullard should go play for the Cotton Bowl champs!

2 Likes

I’m not sure how desirable of a place OU will be next year. Venables will be under a considerable amount of pressure and I don’t know that they can win more than 7-8 games.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see a 2 loss SEC champ next year….the schedules look rough

1 Like

Blues…been out for a bit. The $100k was pure NIL money. Add in out of state scholarship from school too. Both of these are one year grad rentals. Source is a family member of mine who’s teammate and roommate. Have written about him before on MHT.

1 Like

Thanks, Dave. That is what I thought. Have a Happy New Year!

1 Like

Do we know yet how many other names went in the portal? I thought the deadline was yesterday

On3 doesn’t show anyone new since Woullard. It does show Amos is a 100% Tar Heel commit.

1 Like

Miami lands their first portal commit. RB Dylan Downing from Purdue. He has two years remaining.

11 Likes
1 Like

Looks like a very solid pickup…hard runner…both inside and gets outside. Catches the ball well…

A Carmel, Indiana guy. We’ll be his third school. Looks like his redshirt year was at UNLV. He played a lot in 21 and 22. Not sure about 23 from this clip. If the immediate transfer order holds or he’s already graduated he can play next season. Otherwise, who knows!

1 Like

He already graduated. He’ll be available next season

2 Likes

Agreed. Probably a little unrealistic to think we’re going to find another Amos out there every year. Downing has a lot of the same attributes though and gives us some depth. Looks like a good addition

2 Likes

I like that nothing has shown up on on3 about other departures but it seems too good to be true. Any insiders know for sure how it shook out for us?

1 Like

Well we did lose arguably three of our best 4 players, so I don’t know about “too good to be true”. But yeah, it doesn’t look like we’ve had any more departures.

1 Like

Also I think I read that this is the last weekend for official visits for portal recruits. So we might hear some more news over the next handful of days.

1 Like

Well I knew that as of 12/26 so I mean since then :grinning:

1 Like

D’Shawntae Jones is going to surprise a lot of folks. Just need another WR that can create separation and some depth along the DL.

1 Like

Downing seems to be very similar, at least in size and attributes to Amos. Will he be as good as Amos? No idea. But to me, a solid addition.

2 Likes

And he’s got actual P5 game experience that Rashad didn’t have. That might be a plus. Did he play in 23 or is he coming off an injury?