Portal

Terez Traynor a WR who played for Idaho the last 3 years states on Twitter he has an offer from Miami. 6-3, 205 24 receptions, 370 yards for the Vandals.

Louisville native who was on the roster at WKU for one year.

https://twitter.com/1wayterez/status/1739822280987844696

DJ Wesolak a DE/LB from Missouri also claims a Miami offer. 4 star out of HS.

https://twitter.com/deandrewesolak/status/1740181516842660250

1 Like

I believe most undrafted free agent signees get a few grand and a bus ticket home if they don’t make the roster. Most have to make roster to make a buck and access league minimum.

2 Likes

Yes they are - most in fact.

Maybe a Subway sandwich? I hope at least a cold cut combo for their troubles.

2 Likes

Real question will be who will sign with Miami

When is the court hearing to rule on the immediate eligibility of second time, non-grad transfers? I had thought it was coming up before the new year but since I haven’t been in the country for the last 19 days, I might have missed it.

The new menu at Subway makes it hard to even find the cold cut combo. It’s like 10% as bad as ordering at Panera now. Schaefer Light at 3.19 a twelve pack and the ease of ordering the cold cut combo. Sounds like a political platform. Unite!

1 Like

The December 18 ruling allowing immediate eligibility was a temporary restraining order, so a full hearing on a preliminary injunction would have to be held within 2 weeks of that. I imagine that must be happening pretty soon.

Another brand owned by VC’s who will surely run it into the ground. A shame.

1 Like

One thing I was thinking about was of the three key guys so far going into the portal, who would you most like to keep? (Obviously we’re going to lose all three, but I was thinking if you could only keep one)

To me the obvious choice is Gage. Game breaking receivers who can take the top off a defense are a rare commodity and rarer still at the G5 level.

Amos was special, and really carried us down the stretch, and we haven’t had someone like him in a while, but that being said I think we can patch together a run game without him. Especially with most of the o-line coming back (for now). We basically averaged 160ypg which is in line with where we’ve been for Chuck’s tenure and has primarily been running back by committee. Also we have a nice group of backs still in the program. Maybe not with Amos’ talent, but I think we can recreate his production in the aggregate.

Woullard hurts. Elite edge rushers are also at a premium, but we will have Uguw back (most likely) as well as Suttle, throw in some promising young guys (Lukusa comes to mind) and I think we’ll be okay. Also Chuck has shown the ability to develop d ends. I think we can withstand the blow.

But with Gage, we just don’t have anyone else like him. I like our young receivers. Tracy, Virgil. Cade, but I don’t think any of these guys has show the ability to stretch the field like Gage did. Especially before he got hurt. I assume we’ll grab a transfer receiver and maybe Braylon Isom will be able to play right way, but boy it would’ve been nice to have him back at full strength.

1 Like

Virgil will be our next deep threat receiver.

1 Like

Woullard. Look at the offers he is getting. He is a special talent.

1 Like

"Lastly is being took care of financially and being able to make money off of my name (image and likeness) and play.”

• Caiden Woullard

Huge loss.

1 Like

Did he sign with Oklahoma?

Not yet. But visiting there next week.

2 Likes

I would pick Amos. With the way that we play, having a big strong back who consistently picks up 3rd or 4th down and short yardage first downs and touchdowns is the single most important factor in winning and losing. While Chuck has produced a bunch of top pass rushing DE ‘s and several really good receivers, Amos is the first back that could actually do all that regularly. So in my mind, he will be the crushing loss, barring coming up with someone just as good.

2 Likes

Agree Dick. This one is the one I will be most disappointed in

2 Likes

Ohio State being gutted by the portal will get some attention…this insanity needs to stop.

1 Like

More of a last year’s portal topic, but saw Caleb Shaffer’s NFL draft declaration and thought it was nice to see the prominent recognition of Miami (which makes sense as he did play four years and graduate)

https://twitter.com/cbshaffer53/status/1740879723050475707

Looking at his year at OU, it appears he only had one start, though played in most/all games as a backup and on special teams. No clue if there was an NIL deal or what size, but from an NFL perspective it seems to me like he’d have been better off having another year as a starter here.

7 Likes

I did see that post. Good luck to him but I hope he has a back up plan. I did see that Woullard said something like I could be following you in the responses

2 Likes