Portal

This is absolutely true and the second great truth I’ve read today. The other was from my friend who texted and said “The Egg McMuffin is basically hillbilly Eggs Benedict”

But I really like the Egg McMuffin…and still have all my teeth…

…But is that’s why there’s always a breakfast line at the Huntington MickeyD’s?

2 Likes

Just remember before Miami Amos had done little on the college level. Miami just needs to either develop a replacement over the summer and fall before the season starts or find another diamond in the rough in the portal who may not have produced much so far but is looking for the opportunity to showcase what he can do. We did it with Amos, no reason we can’t do it again. I have given 4 potential names already. And the staff has a hell of a lot more knowledge and resources than I do!

2 Likes

That’s apparently the way it’s going to work - for the immediate future anyway.

I love it as well and was making a homemade one that I call my hillbilly EggMcMuffin when my friend corrected me and explained the connection.

We make them at home all the time…the trick is to be sure to use Canadian bacon.

1 Like

I honestly think I could live on them.

May Dave Yost get run over by a reindeer this Christmas Eve.

2 Likes

Separate from the broader issues around the portal, keep in mind that it ain’t over until Amos and Larvadain have announced their new destination. Gabbert and Nicholson both entered and came back, I’m holding out hope that one of them do so. Larvadain in particular, he might get less interest from bigger programs than he would’ve if he had a full healthy season with Gabbert and put up bigger stats.

3 Likes

Carbs, protein and fat…in perfect balance.

Rudolph The Red-Nosed reindeer just entered the portal.

2 Likes

I can be reasonably convinced it’s a gray area, but seems like every recent gray area case has gone against the NCAA/schools, so I wouldn’t hold out hope here.

Still have to get around the patchwork of state NIL laws which would prohibit this type of restriction. For example in Ohio’s law:

Sec. 3376.02. No state institution of higher education or private college shall uphold any rule, requirement, standard, or
other limitation that prevents a student of that institution or
college from fully participating in intercollegiate athletics
because the student earns compensation as a result of the use of
the student’s name, image, or likeness. Earning compensation
from the use of a student’s name, image, or likeness shall not
affect the student’s scholarship eligibility or renewal.

And get that little circle thingy for the egg!

3 Likes

=>Tough seeing Amos and Larvadain leaving after successfully transferring to Miami and having 1 good season. Let’s see what’s happens.

=>After last night, Bengals fans don’t have to worry about Joe Burrow entering the portal for fear of Browning taking his playing time.

True, however, Gabbert had no offers. I feel like that will not be the case for Amos and Larvadain.

1 Like

8adu22

3 Likes

Yes, I am sure Rashid and Gage will have offers, and wouldn’t be surprised if Gage gets high P5 offers to fill a WR gap somewhere…even Ohio State lost something like 15 plus players to the portal.

I also think Rashid will get some decent P5 offers and of course G5 offers, but may not end up being a featured back at a P5 school like he would at Miami. He could of course find a home at a high G5 where he definitely could be their premier back like he was at Miami.

This whole situation is really turning me off. I’m not sure I’ll ever be as committed a fan as I was this season again - flying out to four games and driving 9 hours each way to another one.

It is becoming increasingly difficult to stay supportive of players who show no loyalty to Miami.

Maybe I just need a little break from the football craziness.

3 Likes

Yep, I hear your concerns. I feel the same way. I wonder if our dodgeball or e games players or even fancy skating have portal access.

2 Likes