Portal

I have no idea how colleges are going to calculate their APR with guys coming and going four to six times in their careers. I mentioned the difficulty on a Facebook post and an athletics department academic coordinator from a Cal State program echoed what I said.

The 5 years to play 4 rule might be invalid for the same reasons. Tua’s younger brother at Maryland might challenge that, which could be enough to prompt congressional action.

This is a huge blow to us going into next season. Nobody on our current roster has shown the ability to run anywhere as consistently as Rashad. I thought Brunson might have been the guy but he hasn’t had a breakthrough in two seasons at Miami. It really makes the signing of the big, fast back from Glenville even more important.

We have about a dozen players on our rosters who transferred into Miami and have eligibility left. Most of them were significant contributors to this year’s success.

The 12/18 multiple transfer ruling has the potential to absolutely wreck high performing G5 programs.

2 Likes

I dont even want to check this website until Jan 3rd. Nothing but bad news can happen

Well it sucks to see Amos enter the portal. But I wish him nothing but the best. He is a stud and he played a HUGE role in this season.

2 Likes

Didn’t Brunson run wild against Delaware State? And then h didn’t see the field hardly. I always wondered why he didn’t get a few more touches.

Brunson with 9 carries for 109 yards and a TD. That’s the game where Nate Milanoski ran wild!

I agree with Blues. We have a pretty deep stable of RBs. Ringer will likely be a safety. Could be a 3rd down/ H- back type as well.

True

Well like it or not Dick, as of right now, the guys I listed are what we have. If you noted, I gave two portal names I like. There are others. I don’t disagree a portal back would be a very good idea. Maybe Truman has another hidden gem in Kirksville, MO. If you don’t know who I am talking about look at Mizzou’s leading rusher this year!

1 Like

@Bluesman That kid might be on the Heisman watch list next season.

Which kid?

Two more names I like at RB are Justin Johnson, WVU, from Edwardsville, Illinois, who I really liked coming out of HS, and Stephan Byrd at UC. Local kid hasn’t done much at UC but lots of top offers out of HS.

Schrader

I believe that Schrader is out of eligibility. Of course, you never know these days.

This tweet was taken down? Is there more stuff happening behind the scenes?

1 Like

However, in this year alone:

David Braun went from 1-11 to 7-5 first season
Jamey Chadwell 8-5 to 13-0 first season
Barry Odom 5-7 to 9-4 first season
Alex Golesh 1-11 to 6-6 first season
G. J. Kinne 4-8 to 7-5 first season

1 Like

Pete Nakos at on.3 announced Gage is entering the portal. Brutal.

1 Like

This is depressing. Mercenary football is making it very hard to be a committed fan. It’s becoming just football one season at a time with little continuity. I suppose there could be some admissions policies adopted that could slow this down if university administrators had the huevos to band together and place some limits on taking serial transfers. But I’m pretty sure they don’t.

1 Like

I was hoping we would avoid the roster decimation OU and toledo have seen. But I guess that isn’t going to happen.

I would definitely hit the portal for one or more WR if I were Chuck. Also RB, and interior DL. And probably QB. Maybe a LB and one OL.

3 Likes