Portal

Miami LB Cam Rogers announces he’s finished playing football.

1 Like

On3 shows WR Matthew Reardon in the portal.

1 Like

Glad he got to go out giving an interview.

Him and Luke Bolden are on the list of “glue guys” that teams need to have to take the next step. Iirc, Bolden changed from LB to TE at the injury to Homer and did some special teams and fullback. Rogers was huge on special teams and he had the hard job of filling in on defense at a couple different spots for a few plays at a time. Wish them nothing but the best!

2 Likes

And I loved in his interview how Rodgers said, I am a special teams guy and that is how I contribute. He and Bolden will both be missed for their selflessness.

3 Likes

Wish both a the best for their future

2 Likes

https://x.com/1dreamshad/status/1738591968609939846?s=46&t=BnpL3q4oXTuDYZSTgkMKhg

I was afraid of that… Really hope he told the staff before signing day so they could potentially use his scholarship.

Well, that is a major bummer…hope he finds what he is looking for but not sure he will get as many carries at a P5 school.

1 Like

Couple things:

1. Bummed.
  2. Does that mean he has to sit out a year?
  3. If he ends up at a big school then I guess I was right when I said USC whiffed on his evaluation. If he makes a lateral transfer, I’m gonna have a lot of questions.
1 Like

I’m guessing he wouldn’t be transferring unless he was going to be able to play right away. He must be graduating. Bummer to lose him, but it felt like a likely possibility after the season he had. Curious if we’ll go after a RB in the portal or stick with what we have. I thought the kid from Virginia Tech (Brunson?) was going to be a player for us. Maybe this will be his shot

2 Likes

Well, that opens things up for Tracy, Brunson and the 2-3 RB we just brought in. Hate to lose Rashod but I expected this. If he doesn’t end up in the SEC or ACC I will be shocked.

1 Like

I appreciate that both Amos and Rogers stuck around for our bowl game. It shows how much they cared about their teammates and fans. This is the tough reality of the transfer portal. Our South Carolina connection of Amos and Aveon led us to a MAC championship and I thank them for that, but once again points out that the guys who live a long way from home are the most likely to leave.

The portal takes away and it gives. We have all been praising Chuck and our staff for using it to our advantage, now we will see if they can find suitable replacements. It makes the recruitment of the big tb from Cleveland Glennville and several good looking linebackers who can run and tackle look even more important.

4 Likes

He can play in 2024. New ruling on 12/18 stopped the ncaa from making players sit out a year, regardless of how many times they transferred. We may lose others now.

These dumb rules are idiotic and I honestly can’t follow the plot anymore. Anyhow, I hope he’s going somewhere big.

1 Like

Josh ringer just signed last Wednesday so that probably means he be rb had 60 touchdowns this year in high school

Josh Ringer may end up at safety.

I think we saw this year the importance of a quality productive bigger back. Glass, Jones, Tracy, and Brunson all fit that mold. And it wouldn’t surprise me if we bring in a portal RB to supplement that. Plus we have our smaller backs Mozee and Davis.

A couple of portal names that intrigue me are Kayron Adams from UMASS who played at Warren Harding and Mondrell Dean from Purdue, from Charleston, WV.

Unless one of the freshmen we just signed are ready to be dominant, we really need to bring in a portal replacement. None of the returning guys you have listed is near the quality of running back that we had in Amos. Otherwise, our running game will regress to what it was before this year. Coach Martin’s entire system needs a great power back to have another great season.

1 Like

=>NCAA sports is just a bunch of 1 year free agents contracts. Can’t really build a team anymore.

On the same token coaches should be given two years to build a team. You can expect it coach to take over a crap team and expect to win immediately for this reason.

3 Likes

=>interesting…

https://x.com/RealPitino/status/1738575410206515386?t=qmJS215A1xmIhqaUXDcm2w&s=09

2 Likes