Portal

Aveon commitment to Alabama A&M?

2 Likes

Yes

A&M was 5-6 this season…looks like two QB’s may have split time but not sure about their eligibility going forward.

1 Like

If you brought the star system into the non-sports world, shit goes sideways real fast: “The guy my wife was dating before me had four stars. I only had 2, but was a harder worker.”

Actually, maybe it isn’t that weird…

6 Likes

Charleston Southern was 4-7 and the Citadel was winless, so Alabama A&M seems to be in the best position in terms of the teams that offered Aveon.

I hope he goes there and kicks butt.

4 Likes

So much for being closer to home?

4 Likes

Well you’re a 5🌟 all day long dude!

1 Like

It’s about 3 hours closer than Oxford.

1 Like

6 vs 9 hours is a big difference if his family wants to come to games.

Will be rooting for him and Alabama A&M next year

1 Like

HBCUs are now a step below standard FCS football in today’s environment. That’s why two more ambitious HBCU programs have moved up to the CAA - Hampton and NC A&T.

Aveon - with his G5 experience - should absolutely kill it at Alabama A&M.

2 Likes

That’s the second compliment I have gotten this month. The first came from a homeless lady on Market Street who told me I was hot!

2 Likes

The one in that empty block where they sling all the nasty stuff right by UC Hastings?

4 Likes

Did you “donate” to her …before or after her compliment?

2 Likes

There was a homeless man on the same block and his pitch was “what’s the greatest nation on Earth?” He caught me in a moment of weakness so I said “well historically maybe Greece? America has made its mark although…and finally he interrupted and said “no man, it’s donation!” I smiled but had nothing to give him as I don’t carry cash much anymore.

1 Like

Excuse me, that’s the University of California College of the Law, San Francisco to you

3 Likes

It’s really odd. I saw loads of people by Hastings the other day, but no one near Pier 23, a much nicer area in North Waterfront. I don’t get it. Yet all the parking was taken….

1 Like

That’s right. They changed the name a couple of years ago to disassociate themselves with old Justice Hastings, who upon further scrutiny had a fairly checkered reputation in the way he dealt with California’s Native population.

Nice new building they’ve built beside the tower.

1 Like

It amazes me how well you know his family, they have been to every game no matter the distance.

1 Like

Ok? Never said I did, and regardless then I’m sure they’ll still enjoy cutting 6 hours off the roundtrip

2 Likes

For anyone that subscribes to Sirius XM radio, Chuck was on the “Off Campus College Sports” radio show hosted by Jacob Hester. The transfer portal was a main topic. Some interesting insight into how Chuck views the portal and what it’s like being a MAC coach in the portal era. Highly recommend checking it out.

7 Likes