Portal

Tell me what’s crazy about wanting to see a QB with offers from Colorado, Houston, Ole Miss, Tulane and Wyoming over one with offers from Ball State and Indiana State?

Doesn’t mean anything is a lock obvz but if Lane Kiffin wanted him, that’s good enough for me.

1 Like

Eh, that’s too harsh. We all want the same thing and no one has a clue what is right or not. See you at the playoff game next year. You can buy me 19 beers.

Offer does not mean anything, just say’n. Lane Kiffin did not sign him. I’m watching Old Dominion vs. WKU now. Veltkamp kid is in the portal and looks good. I like this kind of kid to back up Brett or start the season if Hesson/ Kopp can’t do it. We need another QB with game experience. I bet he has offers by the end of the game.

1 Like

Definitely nice size.

Veltkamp is 6-6… Is he more mobile than Kopp? I see that Miami did recruit him out of high school. There is a connection there.

1 Like

I’m watching, too. The kid put the Topper offense on his back and has brought them back. Wouldn’t mind having that #17 WR too! Lol

1 Like

He’s got 60 yards rushing and over 300 yards passing 4 tds and didn’t start. I like what I see.

1 Like

Oddly enough, this game has the feel of a standard Bahamas Bowl game.

He’s not going to Akron or to App State because of Aguilar. Not going to Kentucky because they just picked up the guy from Georgia - Vandergrif.

1 Like

Gotta imagine he’s going have plenty of offers after tonight

Agree no to App or UK

1 Like

Miami should have already offered him. He will have better offers tonight for sure. He had a fire in his gut.

1 Like

It seems like we’re going to have a really rough time attracting a QB with a lot of game experience. Any potential transfer would see Gabbert is coming back and know that playing time is limited as long as he’s healthy. I know that’s a big ‘if’, but also a gamble I can’t see many guys wanting to take.

That said, I don’t see a glaring need for a transfer QB. Develop what we have and go from there. It’ll be defense and run game if Brett goes down again.

1 Like

Former OU WR Miles Cross commits to Indiana.

Maybe. Gabbert has a year and a history of not finishing the season. If I had two or three years left and no path to play where I am, I would roll the dice. Just me.

2 Likes

Indiana loading up on losers from Ohio U. They’ll go winless next year.

4 Likes

Yep

After this game I doubt Veltkamp is going anywhere.

He is a hometown kid from Bowling Green. He probably got in the transfer portal because he wanted to play. He did today and he probably is #1 at WKU going into next year at this point.

Is he going to leave his hometown school to roll the dice somewhere else? I doubt it.

1 Like

So many on this board have run companies/parts of companies and IMO, the rebuild is the hardest job on Earth. You come in with the belief you can right the ship, but the temptation to fill FTE roles is high as you can start checking off boxes on a list to show progress and in doing so, maybe ignore what your gut says. . I sorta wonder if they could have gotten better talent had the new coach waited.

2 Likes

https://x.com/ConnorBriggs15/status/1701667346467704966?s=20

1 Like

That’s my thought. Yeah, congrats you’re in the Big Ten… and now you’re going to get crushed week after week after week. That will surely impress NFL scouts.