Portal

Chase Harrison…Remember him from his Centerville days.

4 Likes

Pyne is not going anywhere that he’s playing backup.

Looks like Marshall cleaned house to make a path for Pennington’s boy. Fancher is a very mobile QB that can throw. He’s probably my favorite from my list.

1 Like

Watched Harrison play all four years at Centerville, there are better QBs out there.

1 Like

Fancher is from Wayne. Id thrown in Washington’s Dylan Morris with one year of eligibility left. He has a lot of game experience at UW but has been Penix’ backup for the past two seasons.

3 Likes

This is also what I heard mid-season from a Marshall insider.

3 Likes

Who said Pyne would come here to play backup? If he came he would compete with Brett for the starting job. We hope Brett is healthy but nobody knows right now. If he gets beat out, he gets beat out. If Pyne can’t beat him he has a year to learn the system. Added bonus for Pyne next year is that we play ND.

The fact is that there are good qb’s at every D1 school that Pyne or anybody else has to beat out if they transfer. Aguilar the App State qb that beat us yesterday did not win the starting job to start the season. He only got in by injury. He could have been sitting all year except for that.

1 Like

No thanks

2 Likes

Why did Pyne go in the portal?

Give maddux and hesson more time

We will be seeing the afore mentioned Chase Harrison at Yager next year.

https://x.com/chaseharrisonqb/status/1736497381430939899?s=46&t=w-nIiS118tVX66bsXJJN3A

2 Likes

Their kicker is from Centerville, too.

But they’re not playing the GWOC, they’re playing schools that also invest in football

Ball State obviously didn’t run that by redskins89 before signing him.

1 Like

I thought Ball State’s QB that almost beat us was just a freshman.

1 Like

Nope.

Pyne was in the portal last year and transferred to Arizona State. He got injured in fall camp and another guy got the starting job to begin the season. Came back and started one game and got hurt again. The other guy then sealed the deal as the starter.

Decided to go back to Notre Dame for spring semester and get the 15 credits he needs to get a ND degree and will head to his new school in June as grad transfer with immediate eligibility. He says he thinks he will get 3 years of eligibility. If so, he must believe he can get a medical redshirt for last year.

2 Likes

Thanks,

So beyond a QB, what should our priorities be portal wise?

I think the secondary is our mot glaring need.

A TE for sure. I don’t think receiver is a must, but one more would be nice.

Linebacker, o-line, running back and d-line are in pretty good shape, but if upgrades and/or depth are available, we should take a look.

1 Like

DB and TE for sure. We’ve already offered at least one WR, so it’s obviously on the list for our staff.

Haven’t heard yet what Ugwu or Suttle are going to do. They weren’t part of the group that announced they’re coming back. If one or both aren’t coming back, that would certainly impact things.

2 Likes