Portal

I could definitely see him coaching.

Yes I agree. He would instantly make most of those teams better.

1 Like

Jeff Lebby is an Art Briles disciple (and Briles’ son-in-law), and Briles’ first college job was working for Leach. It’s going to be different than it was, for sure, but the Bulldogs aren’t about to become a pro-style offense.

AV, by all accounts, is a great person and has a bright future as a coach (should that be his game plan). He does have to keep in mind that any team that would like to have him through the portal is probably going to have to alter their strategy should he play QB at his next stop…and that may be a serious issue. I think he would be better employed as a running back or pistol back…because he does have a respectable combination of strength, size, speed and maneuverability.

Regardless of where he lands, I wish him the best in the future and am appreciative of his contributions while at Miami.

3 Likes

I wish Aveon luck in his next school. I just hope he picks a good grad school that has what he wants to study to advance his future career. Sad to see him leave. Schools like Citadel (as above) are not really a grad school destination.

2 Likes

Elon could be a good fit! It is rapidly expanding its grad school options.

1 Like

Agree I wish AV all the best and thank him for his time at Miami. 10-4 as a starter with a MAC Title Admit I did not think Miami would go 5-0 after Gabbert’s injury.

6 Likes

Rourke to IU?!

Well, he’s used to not winning when it counts.

2 Likes

Sayler thanked AV on X and wished him all the best.

1 Like

Yep. And their LB Keye Thompson has committed to Pitt.

1 Like

He’s used to not winning anything.

2 Likes

So he’s also used to not winning anything.

With Rourke to IU, I wouldn’t be surprised to see Miles Cross follow

Miami offers UC defensive back Oliver Bridges. Would seem like a good fit to replace Dowell.

https://x.com/obridges_5/status/1735456773681639452?s=46&t=Mwc894NmZi2sl3ixPUgjFA

2 Likes

His other current offers are Buffalo, Morgan State, and Youngstown State.

Chose UC over offers from Duke, Penn State, Pittsburgh, Purdue, Rutgers and Virginia.

2 Likes

So who’s our top 3 portal qb targets?

1 Like

I would look at Chase Harrison( Marshall) Cam Fancher ( Marshall) Caden Veltkamp ( WKU) , Myles Burkett ( Wisconsin) and Kaiya Sheron ( Kentucky)

I would love for Gus Ragland to use his connections to try to get Drew Pyne to consider Miami.

He is at Notre Dame to finish his degree after his season as Arizona State did not work for him with injuries.

He is there to finish his degree which will get him the post-grad exemption so he will be immediately eligible. He says he will have three years of eligibility remaining,

Similar size to Gabbert (6’0, 190). 10 starts at ND completing 65% of passes. Might be more mobile than Brett.

I think he would be a good fit for us but he probably wants to aim for Power 5. ACC?

1 Like