Portal

I can dig it. I wish you and your family well this holiday season. Ps, Tell your kids to avoid drugs and DFS. (Least they end up like me!) Thank you for being on our rebel outpost of fans. I haven’t met you but I admire your decorum. If we win this bowl game, we might see a few more people show up. If we get to the final 12 like Coach Martin mentioned, we might need a new server to handle the traffic. I hope that day comes.

Didn’t see this posted yesterday but we offered MSU WR Tyrell Henry…

Blessed, Miami (Ohio) has offered ❤️ pic.twitter.com/pbVG2M2Km6

— ShowTYme Henry (@TyrellHenry12) December 5, 2023

Other offers include Minnesota, Wisconsin, BC, Pitt, Western Kentucky, and the Huntington hillbillies. He had 24 catches for 194 yards and 3 touchdowns this season.

We’ve certainly had success when offering former Spartans in recent years.

5 Likes

Also Western Carolina RB Desmond Reid…

Miami Ohio offered pic.twitter.com/v80G3oeoij

— Desmond Reid (@fastboidez) December 7, 2023

897 rushing yards, 283 receiving yards, 13 TDs out of the SOCON.

Other offers: Coastal, GA State, Jax State, WKU, FAU, FAMI, Arkansas State.

1 Like

I agree it was totally out of character especially since next year we play 3 power 5s and Umass- so a way harder schedule

I actually wondered if he was doing internal recruiting with those comments. Hoping to convince people to stay

I cant believe that the pre week press conference vs NW-UC and especially Notre Dame will be anything but they get the first 85 picks etc

1 Like

I hate to ruin the mojo, but if someone scoops up Chuck, most of these guys who say they’re staying will likely hit the portal, no?

Chuck’s contract needs to go to $ 1 MM/ year and the assistant pool needs to be increased by 50%…

If Miami will be as good next year as expected/ anticipated, the coaches need to be locked down…and money bumps (with large buyouts) will help the continuity.

Chuck and his staff have earned the right to be the highest paid staff in the MAC…or very near the top of the conference.

4 Likes

Chuck isn’t going anywhere! Those who Stay!!!

1 Like

This and also the two jobs that he would have realistically been in contention for - Indiana and Northwestern - have both been filled.

2 Likes

He was not in contention for either. We should be more worried about James Madison than a P5.

4 Likes

Also keep hoping Graham doesn’t announce a new landing pad before the bowl and elects to kick for us in Orlando.

Agree 100% - I saw “mediocrity R Us” since 2016, contentment with being competitive in the MAC, resigned to losing every OOC FBS game because we were “overmatched” and almost an acceptance of this attitude.

But this year has seemingly changed everything. Now we’re apparently the Little Engine that Could - with expectations that we can compete with the Boise States, Coastal Carolina’s, App States, Tulanes and other top programs in the G5 and even some programs in P5.

It’s refreshing. It feels like the attitude of the 70s, late 90s and early 00s. Let’s go RedHawks!

1 Like

My hope is Graham agrees to commit to whatever school privately and still plays in the bowl game then makes it public afterword.

Somewhat similar to what Ivan Pace did in 2021.

3 Likes

Finn is visiting Wisconsin this weekend. Cincinnati has inked a new QB, Sorsby from Indiana. The next few weeks will be wild.

2 Likes

Do me a favor: when you’re at the bowl game, go up to Chuck and ask him if he was ever content with losing games. Any game. Do this for me and I will have huge respect for you no matter his answer. Seriously. Go ask the coach this very question. I’d do it myself, but I can’t be certain if the bus will arrive in time for any pre game chit chat. Anyhow, let’s see what he says!

2 Likes

Offer made over the weekend to Iowa State TE DeShawn Hanika…

Blessed to receive an offer from Miami of Ohio!!! pic.twitter.com/Jzuh8jMKVx

— DeShawn Hanika (@DeShawnhanika) December 2, 2023
1 Like

I wouldn’t need to. I have heard the words with my ears and I have seen the results with my eyes.

Most of us here were quite convinced that another year of mediocrity in 2023 (7-6, 6-6 or 6-7) would probably have been Chuck’s final year at Miami period.

Fortunately for him and fortunately for us, this team stepped away from seven straight years of mediocrity and finally achieved what many of us thought a Miami team should be capable of achieving.

It’s nice to finally hear words coming from Chuck that reflect beyond the MAC optimism and endorse the vision that many of us have for success of the Miami program. Let’s go get another trophy in 2023 and then prepare for even more success in 2024.

2 Likes

Maybe this is how you “arrive” as opposed to professing “we have arrived” after your first 2 FBS wins.

2 Likes

There is a big difference between understanding reality and accepting reality. If you inherit a team that isn’t good, you are going to lose games. Because that’s reality. It does not mean you have to be content with losing to understand that poor or mediocre results are going to happen until you can change the variables you need to win. Coach Steele lost by 20 at OSU. I guarantee you he was mad about it. Intuitively, we all understand this. Despite the fact he has a team that’s almost entirely new. That’s why we get pissed when we lose money at the poker table in Vegas. Because we are competitive and we want to win! But reality says we are not good enough until we actually learn how to play.

Hooray for the Treadwell pipeline!

I watched Sorsby quite a bit this season since my wife went to Indiana. While IU QB transfers are on a bit of a roll, he is no Penix. UC is not getting some underrated gem.

Also while our schedule may be getting more difficult on paper next year it’s not like we’re playing a Kent death march. Who knows if UMass and UC will be improved but both are in Oxford. Notre Dame shouldn’t be terribly far from The U in team strength. Obviously Delaware State to Northwestern is a big difference but NU has shown to be vulnerable to G5 upsets in recent history, and who knows how they’ll be in their first season with Braun as a non-interim coach. No reason we shouldn’t aim for 3-1, if not higher.

1 Like

I think it may have been a lever he pulled to keep as many players as possible

1 Like