Portal

I appreciate that both Amos and Rogers stuck around for our bowl game. It shows how much they cared about their teammates and fans. This is the tough reality of the transfer portal. Our South Carolina connection of Amos and Aveon led us to a MAC championship and I thank them for that, but once again points out that the guys who live a long way from home are the most likely to leave.

The portal takes away and it gives. We have all been praising Chuck and our staff for using it to our advantage, now we will see if they can find suitable replacements. It makes the recruitment of the big tb from Cleveland Glennville and several good looking linebackers who can run and tackle look even more important.

4 Likes

He can play in 2024. New ruling on 12/18 stopped the ncaa from making players sit out a year, regardless of how many times they transferred. We may lose others now.

These dumb rules are idiotic and I honestly can’t follow the plot anymore. Anyhow, I hope he’s going somewhere big.

1 Like

Josh ringer just signed last Wednesday so that probably means he be rb had 60 touchdowns this year in high school

Josh Ringer may end up at safety.

I think we saw this year the importance of a quality productive bigger back. Glass, Jones, Tracy, and Brunson all fit that mold. And it wouldn’t surprise me if we bring in a portal RB to supplement that. Plus we have our smaller backs Mozee and Davis.

A couple of portal names that intrigue me are Kayron Adams from UMASS who played at Warren Harding and Mondrell Dean from Purdue, from Charleston, WV.

Unless one of the freshmen we just signed are ready to be dominant, we really need to bring in a portal replacement. None of the returning guys you have listed is near the quality of running back that we had in Amos. Otherwise, our running game will regress to what it was before this year. Coach Martin’s entire system needs a great power back to have another great season.

1 Like

=>NCAA sports is just a bunch of 1 year free agents contracts. Can’t really build a team anymore.

On the same token coaches should be given two years to build a team. You can expect it coach to take over a crap team and expect to win immediately for this reason.

3 Likes

=>interesting…

https://x.com/RealPitino/status/1738575410206515386?t=qmJS215A1xmIhqaUXDcm2w&s=09

2 Likes

I have no idea how colleges are going to calculate their APR with guys coming and going four to six times in their careers. I mentioned the difficulty on a Facebook post and an athletics department academic coordinator from a Cal State program echoed what I said.

The 5 years to play 4 rule might be invalid for the same reasons. Tua’s younger brother at Maryland might challenge that, which could be enough to prompt congressional action.

This is a huge blow to us going into next season. Nobody on our current roster has shown the ability to run anywhere as consistently as Rashad. I thought Brunson might have been the guy but he hasn’t had a breakthrough in two seasons at Miami. It really makes the signing of the big, fast back from Glenville even more important.

We have about a dozen players on our rosters who transferred into Miami and have eligibility left. Most of them were significant contributors to this year’s success.

The 12/18 multiple transfer ruling has the potential to absolutely wreck high performing G5 programs.

2 Likes

I dont even want to check this website until Jan 3rd. Nothing but bad news can happen

Well it sucks to see Amos enter the portal. But I wish him nothing but the best. He is a stud and he played a HUGE role in this season.

2 Likes

Didn’t Brunson run wild against Delaware State? And then h didn’t see the field hardly. I always wondered why he didn’t get a few more touches.

Brunson with 9 carries for 109 yards and a TD. That’s the game where Nate Milanoski ran wild!

I agree with Blues. We have a pretty deep stable of RBs. Ringer will likely be a safety. Could be a 3rd down/ H- back type as well.

True

Well like it or not Dick, as of right now, the guys I listed are what we have. If you noted, I gave two portal names I like. There are others. I don’t disagree a portal back would be a very good idea. Maybe Truman has another hidden gem in Kirksville, MO. If you don’t know who I am talking about look at Mizzou’s leading rusher this year!

1 Like

@Bluesman That kid might be on the Heisman watch list next season.