Pittsburgh Steelers 2022

I was in Cincinnati when Paul B founded the Bengals. I moved to Seattle in 1975 and Sherman Smith moved into my apartment complex the next fall. I was then a Seahawks fan for years. I actually wore a Steelers vest and an autographed Seahawks hat that Chuck Knox had given me to a party for Ben’s first SuperBowl. I moved to New Hampshire in 2006 but never became a Pats fan. So I continued to root for Pittsburgh and Seattle. Was in Hartford watching my son play hockey against Trinity the day Russell Wilson annihilated the Broncos in the SuperBowl. Loved it! Id moved to Carolina in 2008 but never became a Panthers fan. No longer nearly as smitten with the NFL as it has largely become too predictable . Too cookie-cutter 27-24 for me!

I grew up as a Colts fan. Baltimore was only a short drive from Harrisburg, so we went to a lot of games. When the Colts moved to Indy in the middle of the night, it somewhat soured my loyalty to the Colts.

My sister went to Pitt and wife is from Pittsburgh, so the Steelers became my co-favorite team. When they drafted Ben, they became my only favorite team. When Ben retires, I’ll still remain a loyal Steelers fan.

I became a Steelers fan in April 2004 as @DICK and I watched Ben get drafted while we sat in the Oxford BW3. I’ve paid for the Sunday Ticket every year since and have seen every snap of Ben’s NFL career. Been to Steelers games in Cincinnati, Pittsburgh and Tampa. Along the way I’ve become steeped in Steelers history and lore. I’ll miss watching Ben but will continue to ride or die with the Steelers.

Became a fan in the 90s when I was a kid; will remain so

The future of fandom is WFT!

1 Like

I honestly don’t know the answer to that. Probably the Steelers, but will I still go to BW’s on Sundays when I can’t get them on TV? I do like the way the Steelers run their franchise. What if Jack Sorenson becomes a starter for an NFL team next year??

I agree with what Sack said earlier. Jack Is tailor-made for the Pats.

Reports surfacing that Ben has told former teammates that this will be his last season. Glad to hear this because it’s time and it’ll allow him to get the send off he deserves

Curious that “retirement” was not used…

Baltimore is not good. The whole division may suck.

I heard that what he said was that there was a good chance he would not be the QB for the Steelers next season. There was nothing about this being his last season or retirement. So maybe if the Steelers want to go into rebuild mode, and someone else who has a lot of good pieces but needs a QB shows interest, he might keep playing. Lots of IF’s in all this, so we will just have to see how it plays out. Ben and the Steelers had a terrific 4th quarter today. Only team in the division to pick up a win this week and Burrow picked up an injury to his throwing hand. Things look different right now than they looked this morning.

1 Like

So I guess the old gunslinger is not done yet then.

Schefter’s tweet was dumber than shit. It read like Ben was open to playing another position than QB which would be hilarious.

Surprise punter? Throwback to ‘03!

From Kaboly’s article on The Athletic:

Here are my 10 observations from the win over the Ravens:

1. Ben on 10: I don’t want to harp on Roethlisberger because he has had his share of stinkers this season, but the way he’s been portrayed by many as a decrepit old man who has no business on a football field is grossly inaccurate. You don’t do what he did against the Ravens by being the 30th-ranked quarterback in the NFL. It was probably the best I’ve seen Roethlisberger’s arm all year. There may have been one or two errant throws, but his accuracy, his deep ball, his decision-making were all spot-on. But can he replicate that every week? He hasn’t been, but to go out there against the best team in the AFC and play as he did, the talk of his being incapable of being a winning quarterback in the NFL anymore is just flat-out wrong. Roethlisberger was given the game ball by the team and rightly so. “I don’t think that I deserve it. I think a lot of guys deserve it, and we deserve it as a group, but it’s always humbling when you play this team at home and Coach recognizes you like that, so it’s kind of cool,” Roethlisberger said.

1 Like

I’ve never gotten the hate on Ben this year, especially from the talking heads on ESPN. He’s the 2nd best QB in that division

2 Likes

Steelers getting dominated in the trenches tonight. It’s ugly

Not so fast, my friend!

Now?

Ben is washed up. Get him out of there.

Ben is zipping that ball.