Pittsburgh Steelers 2022

I can live with just not having the talent on D…the lack of offensive scheming is what is killing me…

Running clock the second half?

Good teams are built in the trenches. OL is terrible, and the DL, due to injuries etc. only has Hayward. Pierre replaced Haden today and was picked on all day. Steelers may not win another game this season. Looks like the mantle has been passed. Tomlin has been riding Ben’s coattails for years. Might be time for both to move on.

Who dey! What a beat down. Rebuilding time for the Steelers…

1 Like

It used to be “We Dey”, but when you lose enough games, you get a lot of high draft picks, which usually means an improved team. The Steelers, meanwhile, win and lose just enough to fall right in the middle of the draft pack.

1 Like

WHO DEY! Three in a row against the Steelers and a W against Baltimore…when this team clicks it’s a lot of fun. Embarrassing losses to CHI and NYJ, but otherwise it seems like we are a year ahead of schedule!

1 Like

T.J. Watt now on the Reserve/COVID-19 List.

Meh, he needs to take as much time as he needs. The season is over anyway….Banner won’t make the OL better and none of the DL outside of Cam are NFL caliber players.

I went to the game. I figured it might be my last chance to see Ben play. Unfortunately, I was probably right. Both lines sucked all day, but the QB always gets the most blame or credit. I wonder if Ben would sign somewhere else if he thought they had the pieces in place, like Brady did.

If the pieces are in place somewhere else, the last person they would sign would be Ben.

He’s a Hall-Of-Famer, but no longer playing at that level. And no, the OL hasn’t helped much.

He could win in Cleveland right now. He is quite a bit better than Baker, and they have all the other pieces. I only watch the 4 teams in the Central, but I am sure there are other teams out there with everything but a good QB, plus he has shown he is willing to play for a much smaller salary than he used to get, which might well appeal to some teams.

Ben is not quite a bit better than a healthy Baker. Minnesota might be closer to beatable now and the Steelers play so unpredictably, so…maybe 9-7-1 is possible.

Regardless, Mason is not the answer, and probably not Haskins. Pitt’s QB? That would be interesting.

Mason or Haskins will fit what this team will be for the next few years. I love Pickett, but he’d set the team back years

If we’re only looking ahead a few years, there may be a reasonably-priced FA QB that is a better option.

Trade for Jimmy Garoppolo. Depends on what it would take to get him.

Why wouldn’t you go with a guy that knows the offense vs. a guy that’d have to come in and learn it? Especially when this team is 2-3 years away from competing?

He knows the offense, he just isn’t very good at executing it.

How many of us will continue to be Steelers fans after Ben retires?

I’ve been a football fan and a Steelers fan all of my life, back to the 1970s. Over the years, I have grown to be only a Steelers fan, though, not an NFL fan. When Ben retires, I am ready to give up on the NFL entirely.

1 Like

I’m in a weird predicament in which I mainly only like the Steelers because of Ben, but his career has also soured my relationship with my hometown Bengals. So I don’t foresee really rooting for either team that much when Ben is done. I’ve found myself watching the Rams more often now, due to Mcvay and their general style of play on offense.

3 Likes